Innokin
What's new

What will you do if the EU Directive is Passed and E-Cigs/E-Liquid is Banned?

What will you do if the EU Directive is Passed and E-Cigs/E-Liquid is Banned?

• Quit Completely

Votes: 9 1.8%
  • Use E-Cigs/NRT Prescribed by your GP

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Continue to vape using 4mg or less nicotine

Votes: 175 35.8%
  • Obtain E-Liquid illegally or through questionable sources

Votes: 274 56.0%
  • Return To Smoking Traditional Cigarettes

Votes: 29 5.9%

• Total voters
My mind was set once the Totally Wicked preliminary decision was made before Xmas - I'll be quitting. I'm not going to pay more for the juice I use, I'm not going back to smoking and DIY juice can sod off.

But, looking at the results here so far, it raises some interesting questions. So much weight is given to the efficacy of ecigs as being a quit tool, it's stunning how hardly anybody here seems to consider it as an option once they reach the 'Being a member here' stage. It makes me wonder if there's any mileage in the Antz arguments that vaping doesn't work as a quit method?

Screen Shot 2016-02-11 at 17.03.48.png

Aside from the free choice argument (which I fully support as people should be allowed to put whatever they want into their own bodies), vaping has only substituted one method of nic use for another for those of us voting. Moreover, 27 of us actually think returning to smoking is an option.

I'm genuinely intrigued by these results and how so few of us want to quit altogether.

Royal Flush Vape
@Mawsley good luck on the quitting.
Surely a high percentage of us have failed many times to break our nicotine addiction before we found vaping.
We know that it is not easy to break the habit and most of us lack the willpower.
A lot of us are happy that we have found a safer method of administering the nic.

I do not rule out trying to give up some time but feel no rush, Having already spent most of what I need to see me through the next ten years or so, it will be some time before I face a financial incentive. Perhaps as my stocks deminish I may start cutting down.

@Mawsley good luck on the quitting.
Surely a high percentage of us have failed many times to break our nicotine addiction before we found vaping.
We know that it is not easy to break the habit and most of us lack the willpower.
A lot of us are happy that we have found a safer method of administering the nic.

I do not rule out trying to give up some time but feel no rush, Having already spent most of what I need to see me through the next ten years or so, it will be some time before I face a financial incentive. Perhaps as my stocks deminish I may start cutting down.
Yep, I get that.

Maybe it's because I've spent a couple of years immersed in articles and debates rooted in the debate over efficacy that I find this interesting. The thing it raises with me is the concept of being a "quitter". If the majority who moved to vaping resolutely refuse to countenance the notion of giving up completely then it makes me feel the Antz arguments hold a fair bit of water.

I'd always accepted without question that vaping works - because we all say vaping works. But this thread paints a slightly different picture. One I'm now going to have to forget all about before I continue writing :D

Vape Green
I thought the quitting argument was aimed at quitting cigarettes, not leaving nic completely? In terms of efficacy, vaping does absolutely work and I think the majority on here will say so. It killed stone dead a 27 cigarette addiction for me and has replaced it with a nicotine delivery system that is potentially 95% safer. The question as to whether or not I now give up vaping is a null point in the efficacy argument IMO, vaping has done the job that we keep telling people it can do, get people off the analogues and onto a much less harmful alternative.

The discussion as to whether or not vaping can lead to complete nic cessation is a different matter and I haven't read too much about it. I don't see Antz arguing about that but then I don't read as much of the stuff that you do! If the argument is that all vaping is doing is replacing one harmful habit with another then our argument is that vaping is a harm reduction path that ALL smokers should try and take. The statement that we are all still nic addicts is a pretty poor one when it is seen to be no more harmful than coffee.

I agree that the ultimate win for all vapers (and smokers) should be complete abstinence from inhaling anythin, but I am not going to beat myself up about vaping like I did with my smoking habit. With every cigarette I felt guilty, that I was letting myself and my family down by doing it. I don't feel that guilt now but giving up is definitely on my radar too. I have seen a few people on here talk about having given up completely and the route to this definitely seems to be, gradual drop to zero nic and the desire to vape seems to go according to some. This is something you just cannot achieve with cigarettes! I have also seen people on here though who can't drop from 12mg or so liquids as it does their heads in! So good to remember that we aren't all the same and what works for one won't necessarily work for another.

For me the main thing with vaping is giving up the cigarettes as stage one and should be the aim of every smoker. And I really do believe that every smoker is capable of switching to a set up that works for them. Just be thankful that legislation took so long to come that there is enough good quality, reasonably priced gear on the market to allow a lot more people to do this that was possible when vaping was in its infancy.

If there are reports out there on Antz bleating about people not being able to give up vaping then have it at them with the 95% safer line! Would they rather we were addicted to water vaoour with a bit of nic in it or burning smoke with X,000 carcinogens and tar in it?

Last edited:
I can't predict the future but, if all of the negativity, worries and suppositions about the impending TPD are to be taken seriously then one prediction can be made with certainty.
All of the manufacturers and investors piling millions into an industry that only has 4 months to live will go down in history as the worst business strategy in the entire history of commerce.
Nobody, with an ounce of business sense would be designing, producing, and marketing a device today that they would not have a cat's chance in selling, four months down the line.
Y2K was more plausible than the TPD predictions that are filling the vaping world.
By Feb 2017 the kanger subtank will, more than likely be up to version 6, and POTV will still be full of "new user questions" about dry hits and how to wick the fekkers.
Now I've got a year to wait to see how far off the mark I was! :D :D :D

Vape Superstore
I think the only thing that might casue me any issues is getting hold of nic if the government limit its availability. Apart from that, I'm not too worried.
They can shove the TPD right up their arse

Back
Top Bottom