What's new

Kicking it up a notch. "E-cigs could harm unborn babies."

ell-ess-dee

Initiate
Pregnant women who use e-cigs may be harming their unborn babies, new research shows.

US tests suggest vaping damages the foetus’s nervous system, making it as harmful as smoking tobacco.

Scientists found it can lead to poorer learning, memory and co-ordination and a rise in hyperactive behaviour.

It may also reduce a newborn’s sperm count and damage sperm DNA.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/pregnant-women-warned-e-cigarettes-7353737

No conclusive proof and the words 'may', 'can', 'could' etc are used. Still, some ammo for the anti-vapers..

Oh for fucks sake.... The muck spreading is so transparent to those in the know... Shame so many are gullible enough to fall for the shit..

Don`t be suprised by any of these types of claims.

The tobacco industry is old,very very wealthy and has many many smart folks in/on thier payroll.

There are millions of (good clean) folks pensions depending on keeping poor humans smoking.

They are loosing money hand over fist to vaping,can you see why these storys will come up nearly every day?

The tobacco industry is an INDUSTRY = HUGE.

Vaping helps folks give up smoking,it really is that simple.

Read no more into it.

Edited to add: The low posting OP can have a troll icon for free.

Welcome to POTV

:)

This is not so outrageous, except that it's nicotine that can harm unborn babies. Smoking or using high dose patches is even worse.

The claims about pregnant women are based on mice 'running about more', and I noticed this article couldn't contain itself in wandering into the unsubstantiated claims that ecigs don't help people quit smoking. Oh and apparently people who use them are 'dual user' who smoke regular cigs along with ecigs..not forgetting trotting ou tthe old 'gateway' argument.

Just imagine..tiny mice size ecigs, coils would be a sod to rebuild!

I dispair! :25:

Last edited:
Good news for future kids!
All troublesome teens, born after about 2003, will be able to excuse their lack of attentiveness, disruptive behaviour and general all round arsey-ness, by saying "it's 'cause me mam used e-cigs when she wuz pregnintt, innit"
And, of course, their social workers will agree!

The new advice on safe drinking has me in the demographic allowed a glass of wine and now there's a report on vaping which says I can continue without worry because I'm beyond childbearing age. Never thought getting old would be such fun :)

Back
Top Bottom