What's new

Problem with fruity flavours..

Brandnb

Im very new to mixing but ive had a couple of mixes that im really proud of, and others I cant stand. What ive found is the ones that have gone well all have either a vanilla custard or a bavarian cream in them. All of the mixes ive done with fruit only flavourings come out really harsh and bitter with literally no taste of any of the fruit concentrates used.

I'll give you a couple of examples..

50/50 5mg 60 PG / 40 VG 3mg
6% Blueberry wild (TFA) 5.5% Blueberry wild
5% Strawberry Ripe (TFA) 2.5% Watermelon
6% Watermelon (TFA)

On paper to the untrained eye (my eye) these look like they should taste alright. I know the 2nd one has a really low flavour % on the whole but you would of thought it would at least taste like fucking fruit rather than a spicy pepper!

Can anyone see where ive gone wrong any feedback and advice would be welcome. Is it the flavourings im using?

Heres all the concentrates I own right now, if anyones got any recipes theyve done themselves containing these let me know! Ive be vaping on 3 single recipes ive made so far and I want a change!

Capella
Bannana, Peanut butter, Sweet Strawberry, Vanilla Custard v1

TFA / TPA
Bavarian Cream, Blueberry wild, Double choc clear, dragonfruit, grape juice, strawberry ripe, watermelon

Thanks in advance!!

Ive fucked up the formatting here, the two mixes are left and right if that makes sense

Have you let them steep? I found some mixes I make taste like shreks feet at first, 3-4 weeks later I can't get enough of it.

Im very new to mixing but ive had a couple of mixes that im really proud of, and others I cant stand. What ive found is the ones that have gone well all have either a vanilla custard or a bavarian cream in them. All of the mixes ive done with fruit only flavourings come out really harsh and bitter with literally no taste of any of the fruit concentrates used.

I'll give you a couple of examples..

50/50 5mg 60 PG / 40 VG 3mg
6% Blueberry wild (TFA) 5.5% Blueberry wild
5% Strawberry Ripe (TFA) 2.5% Watermelon
6% Watermelon (TFA)

On paper to the untrained eye (my eye) these look like they should taste alright. I know the 2nd one has a really low flavour % on the whole but you would of thought it would at least taste like fucking fruit rather than a spicy pepper!

Can anyone see where ive gone wrong any feedback and advice would be welcome. Is it the flavourings im using?

Heres all the concentrates I own right now, if anyones got any recipes theyve done themselves containing these let me know! Ive be vaping on 3 single recipes ive made so far and I want a change!

Capella
Bannana, Peanut butter, Sweet Strawberry, Vanilla Custard v1

TFA / TPA
Bavarian Cream, Blueberry wild, Double choc clear, dragonfruit, grape juice, strawberry ripe, watermelon

Thanks in advance!!
I had the exact same problem for along time when I first started and thought it was the nicotine.
im now of the opinion that its down to pg being alkaline and vg neutral making your juice higher alkaline
on the ph scale. have a read of this...

https://www.eliquidusa.org/ecig-news/understanding-ph-level-of-eliquids

my fix for this is adding 1% ethyl maltol and 1% tpa smooth I put it in almost everything and cures the problem
most of the time. there are a few other things you can use as additives like stevia(sweetener) lemon juice, vinegar, citric acid as it explains in that link
these can also help bring out your fruity flavours when added in very small amounts :)

Agree with @Unclebilbo and I would add that I've had to try many different fruit flavours to get the one I like ... different flavour houses have a very different take on each one. Fruit is not simply fruit it would seem.
Broadly I would also say that for me Flavourart and Inawera produce both more concentrated and more accurate flavours ... tastes vary though. So it doesn't surprise me to hear that TFA/TPA hasn't hit the mark from the off. This is where patience and testing comes into its own. My tip would be to try all your flavours on their own to understand the % you need and what they bring before adding them to recipes.

With Strawberry, as an example, I tried 4 different Strawberry concentrates and the one I ended up with is actually a mix of three strawberries (Inawera Strawberry, Inawera Wild Strawberry, Capella Sweet Strawberry) none of which are quite right on their own plus a little Capella Honeydew Melon for "fleshing up" and one drop per 10mls of Inawera Lemon to give a bit of lift.

Watermelon would be quite thin and sharp mixed with strawberry, try honeydew melon or cantaloupe melon instead, they're more rounded flavours and should be more complementary.

Spicy pepper doesn't sound like any fruit flavour profile - I would definitely check your nicotine as a possible culprit.

Back
Top Bottom