What's new

Phileas Fogg Review!

seej

Achiever
PFVapes Review.[/B]

So after spending a lot of time with these juices I feel that I can finally put together a review. I was sent a few different flavours to try, these were; Chocotang, Strudle Oodle, Col.Custer and Mental Menth.

I am not going to hide from the fact that a couple of these juices needed a bit of work. I always remain honest as I feel it is vital not just for the consumer but also the company. As a result of this feedback I was sent a couple of reworked versions, these were Col.Custer and Mental Menth. In past feedback to companies I have been met with anger and swear words when telling someone something needs work. Not this time, PF took it on board and sent out new versions to try and improve it, I respect this massively.

The website www.pfvapes.co.uk is pleasing to the eye, works well, and is easy to navigate. Also worked well on my phone too. The juice is 70VG/30VG. As for prices it is £8.50 per 30ml for 3mg, interestingly it is cheaper for 0mg at £7.99 per 30ml. A nice touch and one that I think a lot of companies could take on board. At the time of writing this, these are the only two strengths available. I should also note shipping is a flat rate £2.99.

To begin with I put these juices straight into my rda’s and low builds. This just wasn’t doing it for me, I let them steep and tried again, whilst flavour was prominent, I just didn’t feel right. So out came the tanks, tfv4, crown, goblin mini etc. This was where I started to enjoy them, taste how they were meant to taste and so on. I recommend this line for use in tanks as that’s where they are best in my opinion.

Onto my thoughts of the juices.

Chocotang is a rich and dark chocolate vape with hints of orange and almond. I am always very sceptical of chocolate vapes due to them tasting artificial, like cocoa powder. I for one am not a lover of this type of flavour, but it did surprise me. You definitely get the chocolate on the inhale, followed by a well-balanced orange flavour on the exhale. The almond aspect only came out when put up to about 75w+, and even then it was very subtle, but it worked. This is not an e-juice I would personally vape, but the flavours are good, it is one of the better chocolate flavours I have tried, and if this is your thing then you’re going to love it. I would definitely try this if this is your thing as it very popular with customer of PF.

Col.Custer
is a sharp and tangy rhubarb with creamy undertones. This one is bloody good, the rhubarb is bang on the money, PF have really hit the nail on the head here. What is now a creamy undertone used to be a custard flavour, for me this didn’t work and it was fed back to PF. They took this on board and sent me a reworked version which is very good. The rhubarb flavour is spot on so I wanted that to be at the forefront of the flavour profile, and it is. You get the sharp tang of the rhubarb on the inhale that is accompanied by a slightly sweet and slightly creamy exhale. This works, and I really do enjoy it.

Strudle Oodle is lightly spiced apple and fruits of the forest in a caramelised puff pastry strudel, complimented with Chantilly Cream. This one for me is entering a market that is so saturated with great juices of this kind it was always going to be hard to match up. For me I would like more apple, I often find when fruits and pastries are mixed in a liquid the flavour of the fruit can become quite muted. The inhale is a mixture of spiced fruits along with caramelised puff pastry strudel, this is joined on the exhale by a slight creamy flavour which does a good job of setting off the pastry flavour. I cannot really nail down the fruits in this as the pastry is a bit overpowering for me. I would love to really get that spiced apple on the inhale, but I don’t. As with any juice this is preference and some people would prefer a prominent pastry. If that is you, then you’ll find this a pleasurable vape for sure. Whilst it isn’t a nasty flavour at all, quite the opposite, it is just not quite in tune with how I like my flavours. Nonetheless a lot people love this juice and for good reason.

Mental Menth is a hard hitting, strong menthol and mint flavour. This was the only real disappointment out of the bunch. I just didn’t work, it wasn’t strong enough and the flavour in all honesty wasn’t brilliant. It was a let down and didn’t deserve a place in what is a solid line up of e-juice. This was put across in no uncertain terms to PF, they sent me a revise version which again wasn’t up to scratch compared to the other juice in the line-up. This has currently been pulled from the website and withdrawn from sale. It is being worked on and I am confident that PF will soon have a killer menthol in their line up too. For now, the PF minions are working hard trying to get it bang on the money and I’m sure they will soon enough!

As always taste is a subjective matter and a juice I like you might hate and vice versa. Overall the E-liquids are good, the owner is a cracking chap, a great laugh and truly does work hard to get things right, I truly do have a lot of respect for a company reworking things. Head over to www.pfvapes.co.uk and give them a try, for the price of £8.50, you’d be silly not to as I am sure you’ll find something right up your street!

SeeJ

Nice one @seej :) my first proper post was one asking for honest reviews, and this is exactly what I asked for, I'm working hard to create ADV juice with a difference, and will continue to do so! All new releases will be tested on the few, yet brutally honest guys that have given up considerable time and effort to work with me!

Vape on dudes and dudettes :)

Just going back to the stroodle oodle. I think that the whole" taste is subjective" comes into play. Like you said @seej some people like pastry and others more fruits and some might even say its the perfect blend. For me i got the spicy cinnamon, blended with the fruit and pastry. I think that saying this needs work would only work for the people that taste the same things as you. Anyhow the juice was by far not the worst nor the best! @pfvapes i think the recipie could need changing with every different review.. Just having my little input this was not to offend anyone :)

@samcb18 taste is totally subjective, which is why its good there is so Much choice!

Other than the ones that needed obvious work (menthol) and the col Custer that did need a little more smoothness, the plan is to expand the range with different flavours, and maybe only do short runs to keep everything fresh

All input is welcome guys!

I always like my juice to have strong flavours, the magic is being able to experience each flavour when you vape. And fair do's @pfvapes I could taste each individual flavour but they were a little muted which isn't a bad thing because it shows you've got the magic to make some fantastic juices. Rome wasn't built in a day and people weren't so fucking picky back then I bet lol

Agree with everyone here and both @samcb18 and @beefy123 raise good points. That's one of the greatest things about vaping is that people get different things from different juices and it isn't a one size fits all market :)

Just wanted to mention that all Col.Custer currently for sale is the reworked one :)

This is some great feedback, and the fact you have revised some of the juices speaks volumes on your commitment to making the best product you can.

Col. Custer and Strudle Oodle are now on my list of juices to try. I actually like the fact that the pastry note may be more pronounced than the fruit in Strudle Oodle, I'm a big fan of those types of vapes, so it's very much different strokes for different folks.

just ordered some bakywell really lookin forward to it i love a bakewell will let ya no my thoughts:2thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom