What's new

Titanium or nickel

gavin 1

Achiever
Hi Apes am looking for your advice. I have just got a Evic vtc mini and more than happy with it, but want to see what all this talk is about on temperature vaping. Now do I go for Titanium or Nickel? What is better of the two. Spoke to a local merchant who said Nickle was dangers, is it? Have for a few years been using Kanthal 24 gauge and vary vaping between 20 and 30 whatts. So what's the better / safest between titanium or Nickel?

Putting any fears re the safety of nickel aside, titanium is a much more suitable TC wire, and NiFe30 is thought by most around here to be better than both of them. Nickel is dead, I wish it would fuck off once and for all.

Putting any fears re the safety of nickel aside, titanium is a much more suitable TC wire, and NiFe30 is thought by most around here to be better than both of them. Nickel is dead, I wish it would fuck off once and for all.
Thanks Mr numpty for your imput. So stay away from Nickle then? NIFE30 is the wire I need to try out temperature controlled vaping then? Easy to get hold of? Is it Titanium then?

Thanks Mr numpty for your imput. So stay away from Nickle then? NIFE30 is the wire I need to try out temperature controlled vaping then? Easy to get hold of? Is it Titanium then?
Yeah nickel sucks. NiFe30 is a nickel/iron alloy and the current daddy of TC wires. Very easy to work with and vapes a charm on the vtc mini - set TCR to 0500. Available at all good Stealthvape stores.
Their titanium is nice too and is a great vape but slightly more challenging to work with. Nothing you can't handle though.

Just on this fine morning wrapped a load of nickel(.3mm) round a stainless steel(.5mm) core wire which is at .15ohm done it by hand and took about 5mins and man this is the business. But got to lower the temp settings as it gets all confused.

I assume it is using the nickel as it's the fastest way for the electrickery to travel, but where I wrapped it real tight it's a nickel contact coil wrapped around stainless I've been using it all morning and no problem yet. Tastes decent as well. I was getting fed up with the nickel on its own being of no taste. Give it a go!

I much prefer Titanium if I am honest, although I find that the Evic VTC mini, along with its bigger brother the cuboid, does a very good job at SS temp control.

It is higher resistance than NI200, as is titanium, but SS can be used in both TC and power mode-and if you are forgetful like me, that is a godsend.

Titanium does perform better for drippers I find though, but SS is perfect for tanks.

Back
Top Bottom