What's new

welp.. am I doing it wrong?

jme94

Hello everyone,

I'm new here, very excited to get on here with the hope of someone to help me out a tad..

I'm 20 years old I started smoking when I was 15/16 and for the past year I have been on and off with smoking now thanks to vaping, I started off with a eco pen thing from the market (Terrible choice of kit I assume) even though I found it brilliant at the time I stuck with it until I felt like I needed more, so then I upgraded to a old iStick which was amazing, it took me off the cigs straight away I went 3 months and it just went down hill, I was trying to experiment with flavours however I only found two which I liked, I eventually didn't get a throaty of them and went back on to the cigs tsk... Months have passed and I'm really trying to spend some decent cash and get myself completely of the cigs and eventually on juice with no nicotine, I purchased a amigo FP50 kit, thinking something light weight will do me (the guy said they were brilliant in the shop) I was some what satisfied until I went to work the next few days and it was a nightmare as I felt like I was just puffing out clouds with little to none flavour or throaty, I have some decent juices I assume (The Cloud Company [Strawberry Custard], Nomad [The Bobber], Nomad [Old Lady].. I'm not sure if its me being a smoker and can't taste things as good as others, I've tried some of them in the shop these big show off kits but its just a BIG cloud of vape for me.. so then I was like forget it I'll just upgrade surely can't go wrong, I got the innokin mvp 3.0 pro kit, i sub g tank, I mean I really like it so far, I'm a bit weiry of the coil as I did prime it and let the juice just set but every now and then I get a really harsh burning taste but still I can only slightly taste the flavour.. All my juices are 6mg nicotine (I was told to)..

Oh god thats a mouth full...

If you are still reading my moaning what I'm trying to say is can someone tell me if they think I'm doing something wrong? I'm literally just trying to have some nice flavour with a bit of vape with a good throaty, I'm not here to look like a dragon just to get me off the dark side..

If you want to recommend any products/juices go ahead I'm greatful!

If you can help me I'd really appreciate it..

I'm assuming you're mouth to lung hitting(correct me if I'm wrong!), if that's the case you can't go far wrong with a nautilus for a tank and a pretty cheap and simple mod will do as you'll probably never go above 15w with that tank. I mtl with a subtank which is perfect for me but probably too airy for someone who has recently given up the cigs. Also, might be a good idea to up your nicotine and pg content if you want the throat hit.

Oh, and welcome to the good ship POTV!

Welcome along.

As @smifler says, if you are looking for an experience closer to smoking a lowish power device (10 to 20 watts) with higher resistance coils (1.2 to 1.8 ohm), a skinny drip tip (to concentrate flavour) and higher pg and nicotine juice (maybe 60/40 or 50/50 pg/vg and 12mg or 18mg nicotine per ml to enhance throat-hit and flavour) should get you there. Don't know about Nomad but Cloud Company juice is designed for high-power, low resistance devices and direct-to-lung cloud chasing which sounds like the opposite of what you are looking for. The Suicide Bunny range is made by the same people with similar flavours but higher pg.

I'd look at the Nautilus mini tank and juice from the Manabush range as a starting point.

Good luck.

PS. PG (propylene glycol) and VG (vegetable glycerin) along with flavouring and nicotine are the main ingredients in ejuice. PG is runnier, holds flavour better and gives more throat hit. VG is thicker and smoother and produces bigger clouds.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to the Planet.

make 1 more post and then the rest of the forum will be open to you.

as said above the nautilus or mini nautilus are great mouth to lung tanks (just like smoking) while subtanks are direct lung hits and give off bigger clouds at much higher wattage.

mini £14.99 http://www.dnavapes.com/collections/tanks-and-clearomisers/products/aspire-nautilus-mini

full size £15.99 http://www.dnavapes.com/collections/tanks-and-clearomisers/products/aspire-nautilus

for juice suppliers check out my link below as theres enough on there to keep you going for life.

Hi and welcome to the Planet.

make 1 more post and then the rest of the forum will be open to you.

as said above the nautilus or mini nautilus are great mouth to lung tanks (just like smoking) while subtanks are direct lung hits and give off bigger clouds at much higher wattage.

mini £14.99 http://www.dnavapes.com/collections/tanks-and-clearomisers/products/aspire-nautilus-mini

full size £15.99 http://www.dnavapes.com/collections/tanks-and-clearomisers/products/aspire-nautilus

for juice suppliers check out my link below as theres enough on there to keep you going for life.

Just a reminder that signatures do not show on mobiles. I've got an idea about that I'll pass on to the admins.

I completely disagree with the other guys. The iSub you have is an excellent tank and you just need to make sure you're using it properly. The Nautilus may provide a bit more flavour, but it sounds like what you're after is a better nicotine hit.

Increase your nic a bit to 9mg and take direct lung inhales. Don't use it like a cigarette, take long pulls, straight down. You'll find this far more satisfying and the nicotine transfer is more efficient.

Hello and welcome.

The thing that helped me the most when I was where you are now was trying different juices as well as different tanks. I found I got more throat hit and flavour from higher nic and higher PG liquids on the tank I had (a Nautilus), but try a few from somewhere cheap like onepoundliquid.com, maybe even at a couple of different strengths, to see what gives you the kick you're after?

Tjuice do high PG liquids which should give you a nice throat hit. vampire vape also do higher PG ratios so may help you. Like @wraith said, increasing your nice level will also help.

Although if you're using an isub then may be worth sticking at 6mg. Hope you sort it.

@heaven-can-wait do quite high pg juices as well with good throat hit

Back
Top Bottom