What's new

Kangar Protank vs Innokin iClear30

Merino-Teflon

Exploding Mod
These are my own views and do not represent those of Planet Of The Vapes, the Queen, David Cameron, and who gives a flying one what views are held by Forrest Clegg, and Barrack O'Bama has declined to comment as he is too busy running Ireland:

Kanger Protank £22, includes bottom coil tank, one spare atomizer head, ego beauty cone
Innokin iClear30 £14.99, inludes dual coil clearo tank

Tank quality, well, the Protank is pyrex glass, and the iclear30 is polycarbonate, so the glass is going to take any liquid without cracking, so that goes to the protank.

Looks:

IMAG0413.jpg

Look at the tarts, they want it, they want your tongue to savour their flavour, aye, and I guess it depends what you are into, or how much you have drunk, now, the one on the left, the protank, or, Posh Spice, is sleeker, whilst Geri Haliwell on the right, some of her stringy bits are showing, but you can tell she was a bit of a punk in her day, steampunk that is, back when steam was industrial the first time around, in the late 19th century, they both look alright, though neither of them are Isabella Fiorella Elettra Giovanna Rossellini, but nor do they claim to be.

Taste: I have been using Redwood Breakfast Blend in both of these, and, they both give very good flavour, neither as clear and pure as a dripping atty, or a well meshed and coiled geni, for example, but robust and respectable nonetheless.
They give differing aspects to taste, I find that the iclear30 gives you a deeper, richer taste, whereas the protank gives you a higher, sweeter one, iclear down the middle to the back of the tongue, protank to the side of the tongue and the roof of the mouth, though I could just be hallucinating orally now.

Draw: Two different draws, a tighter one for the iclear, airer for the protank, but neither to much so. Usually, I plump for a tighter draw, but there is something charmingly irresistible about the draw of a kangar, whatever it is, it works, maybe because it feels like it is about to fly off into space, and yet there is just that hint of gravity tethering it down to the very earth, herself.

Vapour production: No contest, the kangar walks away from this, with a fire brigade following up the rear, missus.

Wicking: Both wick a treat, no dry hits, at all, at varying voltages, despite me using 50/50 vg/pg.

Sound: iclear gives decent crackle, but the kanger brings the thunder, a cat just went past my window and shat itself.

Drip tips: Both fixed (ie, I can't remember the word I am looking for), but so it goes, both decent enough, iclear30 wins, because it swivels, if you really care about that sort of thing.

Ease of filling: For me, the kanger.

Leaks: Nothing at all for the kanger, a bit of juice in mouth and what have you for the iclear, and no, I didn't overfill it! Gah!

Do either of these win? I think they both do, though the kanger may just edge it as I would feel more secure taking it out and about, and in hand with that is the pyrex glass aspect of the tank that will stand up better to more acidic ejuices, etc. But maybe for a quieter, more reflective vape, the iclear would be more appropriate to taste.

Go away! You read this!

Last edited:
Awesome, thank you. I have just purchased an iClear 30, but where the hell can I get a Kanger Protank from?? Nowhere has them in stock, and I really want one. :(

Ha ha great review. Fun and informative. I have both of mine on the go at the moment. One has Grants vanilla Custard (iClear) and the other with El Toro Eden so a comparison isn't as useful. I agree with your conclusions overrall.
You didn't mention throat hit specifically. Are they on a par for you? For me right now and adopting your unique writing style I get a good larynx spanking from the Protank but a deeper throat punch from the iClear. As I say different juices though both 50/50 and 18mg
I actually like them both though the Protank is definitely the smarter bit of kit.

Ha ha great review. Fun and informative. I have both of mine on the go at the moment. One has Grants vanilla Custard (iClear) and the other with El Toro Eden so a comparison isn't as useful. I agree with your conclusions overrall.
You didn't mention throat hit specifically. Are they on a par for you? For me right now and adopting your unique writing style I get a good larynx spanking from the Protank but a deeper throat punch from the iClear. As I say different juices though both 50/50 and 18mg
I actually like them both though the Protank is definitely the smarter bit of kit.

Egads, I missed the throat hit, but I reckon you got it spot on, I will go now to chop off one of my thumbs to learn from my mistake! ;)

Really? The Kanger beats the Iclear for VAPOUR??? I should add that I am not disagreeing as I haven't yet had the pleasure of trying the Pro, but the Iclear produces C.L.O.U.D.S!! And clouds and clouds and clouds and clouds. If the Pro can genuinely beat this then I'm in! P.S. and clouds.

Actually thinking about it I'd say the iClear produces thicker vapour but that might be the GVC over the Eden which has never been a real fog creater

Back
Top Bottom