What's new

Mech mod takes another victim

Ok it was an accident - a bad one and I hope the guy recovers ok.

Whenever I read these stories, it always shows someone pulling their best romanian holiday face, in hospital surrounded by a bandaged up hand.

I'd like to find out if the setups were authentic or clones - what batteries they were using and if it was an RTA or RDA.

I tend to think of these stories as people using clone gear, with under rated batteries, pushing crazing sub ohm builds through an RDA deck while the clone mech has problems venting.

'Cloudz' is causing issues to the newer vapers - they think they can get hold of any device, watch a youtube 0.2ohm build double clapton etc and become the best 'cloudz master' in their village. - Crap setup = 'Bang' and a rollcall to an injury lawyer

Mechs are pretty safe if you know what you are putting together and how they should work + understanding there limits.

However in the race to become vape master, increases the Darwin award entrants.

Vape safe people.

:)
Its a moot point, for I am already... vape master.

Got ma 3 pico ohm build plugged into 415v 3 phase bitches!!
Wooooooooo

{{{Bows down}}}
Lol, in reality I rarely go above 60 watts, but our smoking shelter is right outside the headhouse for the leccy, and every time I look at the "danger of death" sign I just can't help thinking hmmmm. Maybe

I met a guy at a wedding running an Aspire Nautilus on top of a CF mod. Iirc that pushes out 30w and far too high for the Nautilus coils. Unfortunately there are some very uneducated people out there and bad things happen

I met a guy at a wedding running an Aspire Nautilus on top of a CF mod. Iirc that pushes out 30w and far too high for the Nautilus coils. Unfortunately there are some very uneducated people out there and bad things happen

The CF mod only pushes out what the coil will allow it. With a nautilus that would probably be 8-12watts max.

A few months ago a 19 year old girl burned to death in her flat in Northen Ireland - apparently she was charging her phone underneath her bed pillow that night. Why do people leave electrical devices to charge overnight - when I go to bed I follow my bedtime routine (remember the advert) and make sure all the windows, doors are locked and all electrical devices are turned off and unplugged - except for the refrigerator and landline phone.

Whenever I charge any of my mods and 18650 batteries I always switch them off as soon as they have charged. Reading stories like this has me aware of the dangers of these items, either through bad manufacturing or user incompetence.

Last edited:
I got myself a Hellhound clone a while back and the battery overheated before I managed to screw the cap in or put anything on top of it. Luckily I knew what to do with mechs before just buying one and trying to go the "i'll mess around and figure it out" route. it was faulty, but the real problem here comes from the fact that I purchased this mod in a newly opened B&M shop the owner of which swore that this mod is great, that he never had any issues and all his customers love it. He also gave me a 30 day warranty, on a clone. Then he gave off a vibe that he doesn't want to refund it unless I can prove to him that the mod is unsafe, in the end he kinda shat himself when it autofired on him and refunded me.

Some people don't care about what they sell, as long as they sell it. And some people are too dumb to research things before they jump into it, because WTF would you want to make sure that your electrical equipmnet is safe? Baah sounds like a lame fad. Electrical safety...pfft.

Yet another news stories about some retard not knowing what he was doing. Mechs are no more dangerous than your phone if you're using it correctly. It's not like you're playing russian roulette which is inherently unsafe. We should make a petition banning all devices with lithium batteries on the premises that it can explode and hence all devices with lithium batteries are ticking time bombs.

I think this video is interesting , no about batteries but bad batteries

Agree with most on here, you'll always get dickheads, however using the Mirror's own numbers (2.6m vapers, 100 "explosions") gives 0.0039% chance of your mod giving you a warm facial. I'd take those odds.

Also how unlucky are those two guys, who have had a stick of dynamite go off in their hand and the other woken up to a blow torch to the face? (Obviously this has happened because they know what each feels like and hyperbole doesn't feature at all) /sarcasm

Back
Top Bottom