What's new

Manc meet 06th Feb

Providing it's not pissing down (it makes the wicks soggy) we normally do a build or two at meets, I normally bring the kit with me but couldn't be arsed this time - if we know someone wants help with coiling and is coming to the meet we'll give as much help as we can...
I echo this, I always bring my building gear with me and happy to build for someone that needs or wants pointing in the right direction

Providing it's not pissing down (it makes the wicks soggy) we normally do a build or two at meets, I normally bring the kit with me but couldn't be arsed this time - if we know someone wants help with coiling and is coming to the meet we'll give as much help as we can...
This outside shit is not so comfortable. Mentioned this before but I can arrange a pub in the city centre with separate bar and function room. Inside. Options are thus.
If say we get 10+ people then a £5 each pays the Doris behind the bar and expenses. It is inside.
Second is about £10-12 a head where I can negotiate a small buffet included. Cheaper than pizza shut at the city centre meet.but we need the numbers or it can't be justified.
Or we just go full steam on a certain decking which might off been mentioned once. Chip in for the drinks and food ( I will do that). Benefits are @3dj doesn't have far to go home for a bollocking [emoji6]...... Discuss

I'm happy with any suggestions really. As the weather improves the idea of taking advantage of @3dj's decking and @city461's food is incredibly tempting.

I'm happy with any suggestions really. As the weather improves the idea of taking advantage of @3dj's decking and @city461
The decking meet will happen. (did I mention decking :D) We have to wait till the weather gets warm though. I will provide drinks and food, and @city461 will be doing the cooking. All are welcome

I only have one very important question, do you have a gazebo? No gazebo, no deal (although I may settle for a tire swing in a tree)

This outside shit is not so comfortable. Mentioned this before but I can arrange a pub in the city centre with separate bar and function room. Inside. Options are thus.
If say we get 10+ people then a £5 each pays the Doris behind the bar and expenses. It is inside.
Second is about £10-12 a head where I can negotiate a small buffet included. Cheaper than pizza shut at the city centre meet.but we need the numbers or it can't be justified.
Or we just go full steam on a certain decking which might off been mentioned once. Chip in for the drinks and food ( I will do that). Benefits are @3dj doesn't have far to go home for a bollocking [emoji6]...... Discuss

Numbers are the problem at the moment, I wouldn't be convinced we would get 10+. It would be great but if 5 turned up we would be covering for the missing? The problem is the timing, with another few meets done we could probably do it but by that time the weather will have taken a turn for the better and outside wouldn't be so bad. Was waiting a few days before posting about the 12th to see what the opinion was, guess it's still up for debate?

Numbers are the problem at the moment, I wouldn't be convinced we would get 10+. It would be great but if 5 turned up we would be covering for the missing? The problem is the timing, with another few meets done we could probably do it but by that time the weather will have taken a turn for the better and outside wouldn't be so bad. Was waiting a few days before posting about the 12th to see what the opinion was, guess it's still up for debate?
We can keep the date as the 12th... and lloyds same table, unless another venue pops up, but date we can fix

12th of when for the lurkers not willing to read 140+ posts?

Back
Top Bottom