What's new

Another piece of scare mongering

12654286_1691764034429926_9041558135621538394_n.jpg

Things like this really worry me. What if someone genuinely wants to give up smoking then stumbles across this (or a similar picture) and actually buys into it. Chances are they might carry on smoking.

This image quotes http://michaeldorausch.com/ as the source of the photo as well as the tag for Tobacco-Free UK. I know we've either seen this or similar images before and as wrongly informed as we know it is, it's still damaging to the vaping community much more than most realise.

I propose that more vaping images are created. By us. The community, the vapers. Not for our enjoyment, but for the Internet to stumble upon, for you to share. To correctly inform people. Yes there are unknown's in vaping but the vast majority of the information is right there in front of you when you take to vaping. Normally a few google searches away, let's narrow the search. Let's share that information.

this forum is here to help if people are looking for advice. It's not my job to go looking for people to educate.
As far as people believing the propaganda, they are just too lazy or stupid to find out the truth, and nobody can fix lazy and stupid.

What @robotica said. It's the only way to deal with them. There's lots of good advocacy work being done out there. I don't think that they will be able to keep the tide back for long now. Public Health in the UK are embracing ecigs and while the TPD is an utter cunt in a lot of ways the public image of vaping could be given a boost. Shit like the pic you posted won't last long. Everyone here pretty much has given up a long addiction with cigarettes and just talking to the people we know and showing them we are clear of cigarettes is enough for us all to do. Like billy said, people will find their own way on to it in their own time.

It's really pretty easy for anyone with internet to find the truth in minutes these days anyway, if they want to.

The vaping corner is a tough corner to fight and probably not even worth the bother. If a smoker wants to ignore the FACTS about smoking and believe the MYTHS about vaping, good luck to 'em. The photo's of tar choked lungs on a fag packet never stopped me from smoking and neither did they even make me think about quitting.
A smoker that fancies having a punt at the vaping lark will still have a punt (and maybe even get to like it) regardless of all of the internet fantasies.
For a smoker that is dabbling with the idea of quitting, but not really into it, or a smoker that's just bowing to family/peer pressure to try to quit (even though they don't really want to quit because they like their fags) can use the anti vaping scare mongery to justify another packet of B&H.
Life's pretty much like that, we can all do as we like.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom