What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Review Starter kits 'justvape Aura'

Jugg1es

Veteran
I was sent this ‘justvape Aura’ by @heavens gifts along with a few others in order to give feedback on it, I ‘tried’ to spend a few days with it in order to get a good idea of its capabilities. These are my thoughts :
44acea8f0e69a4777b9980be223a61d5.jpg

In the box :

1xAura which comes in two parts, tank and battery.

1x round anti spit back driptip with airflow control

1x duck bill plastic driptip

1x charging cable

Small bag of orings.

1x 0.33ohm coil

1x0.5 ohm coil

The Aura is set up as a no faff sub-ohm starter, it's marketed as a no leak device with a anti spit back design. It looks sleek and stylish, the charging port is on the side rather than the bottom so it can be stood whilst charging. The tank is 3ml and has 6 slotted windows to easily see your juice levels. The whole thing goes together really nicely and looks quite stylish.
f7b128b77e5f1c8d080163b76d7a27c1.jpg

It has a top fill design which is always good and pretty much a must nowadays. The top unscrews and you remove the chimney with the coil attached, this whole section has the airflow built in giving it a top airflow design.
0f15cb4d74baee0111df77f18a275e03.jpg
4b93f4a622267a9feefca66d2320c186.jpg
The airflow is fully adjustable with a ring just under the mouthpiece, when fully open it give quite a fair amount of air flow.

I firstly used the 0.5 ohm coil and filled the tank with some 50/50 of my own custard and fired it up. The first thing I noticed is that the duckbill tip easily comes away if knocked so I replaced it with the round metal one, this one fits better and doesn't move.
0d00b98c8205b28189a8137c83bab491.jpg
The initial vape is good, flavour is nice and it produces plenty of cloud. The airflow is very controllable and you can close it right down to a tight draw, fully open is a nice airy lung hit. The metal driptip has an airflow ring if the vape is too warm but I didn't use it.

It was all going well for about 15 minutes when things started to go downhill, gurgling… this gurgling got worse the more I vaped, at first I thought it was flooded with the thinness of the pg/vg ratio so I changed the coil for the 0.33. Out of interest I threw this on the ohm meter and it came out at 0.39 ohms.

I emptied and cleaned the tank then filled it with some high vg juice (80/20) then sat in the garden and started puffing away, 10 minutes in I got the same gurgling. There ended my testing, the gurgling was ridiculous, it created spit back like crazy and thankfully the spit back tip stopped this going into my mouth.

I opened it up and had a good look, the coil didn't look flooded so the only thing I could conclude is the issue comes from a combination of the tiny coil id and the airflow.
adc04b0eddd585b18e515b86c0563a75.jpg
c60937001ee1a87c48bbfa9d426f776f.jpg

Because the airflow runs down the sides of the chimney this cools the vape too much and creates more condensation than the coil can handle and this gathers over the top of the coil and wicking.

Overall this is a nice device but it's truly hampered by a design flaw that possibly could be fixed by altering the coil, I could be wrong about this though and I'm interested in others thoughts.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom