What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Steam Crave Aromamizer RDTA - quad coil build and much more!

@Jugg1es I'm using the two hole band and there's a clear line of sight between the coils. I know this tank performs, and I've only had a quick chance to play with it. I've also been hit with a dose of vapers tongue today (my own fault - too many heavy desserts in my current rotation).

How much wick are you leaving around the deck. I've watched one vid where the guy hammers this tank but he hardly had any wick on the deck.

I cut my wick level with the edge of the base before fanning it out, then tuck it in.i probably use more than most but I've not had any dry hits and I hammer it when it's in use as I find it tastes better when the claptons are warm.

I cut my wick level with the edge of the base before fanning it out, then tuck it in.i probably use more than most but I've not had any dry hits and I hammer it when it's in use as I find it tastes better when the claptons are warm.
Thanks. I'll have a play around with this when my taste buds return from their holiday.

What makes you doubt that it's wicking well enough?
What airflow setting(s) have you tried?
Tried it without the drip tip?
Tried turning your watts up?

You can get less top tail if you pull the wick down the coil until it's level with the top wrap. ;) Not that it's the issue here, though an extra mm on the deck might help.

Thanks for the reply. I've only fired it up at 35w initially. I've given it a fair go at that level using a 2 holed ring. The wicking kept up as I didn't encounter any dry hits, but the flavour was dropping off.

I've since rewicked and did as you suggest by pulling the wick down rather than trying to crop the top. I've left a little more wick on the deck this time.

I haven't played around with the airflow yet, aside from trying the 2 hole ring.

I'll rejuice and revisit tomorrow. I'll also ramp the watts up and see how it sings. Hopefully my vapors tongue will have recovered by the morning. :)

Who needs a big tank for quad coils?

Not me.
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1454851962.979113.jpg

But seriously, got a trade going with another member I should have one of those beastly tanks you've used soon. Looking forward to experimenting.

Dagnamit the steamcrave is epic, using it in the pub tonight and it's just the flavour, vapour and not even a hint of a dry hit. I'm gonna buy another for sure along with another 13 heavens 9 hell's. Epic i tell thee

I wonder if I've gone a bit overboard with my latest dual vert build, it's reading at .13 ohms. I cheated and used some rather nice big Claptons that the nice lady @diva sent me with an order, though I did take a wrap out because I cocked up by installing them firstly in a rda that's proven faulty. Sadly I've only been able to test it at the 60w max on my Koopor mini because my 100w Istick won't fire that low, and I dare not test it on a mech, so I'm just waiting to take delivery of my Cuboid to see what potential this build has.

I bought 2 authentic decks for spares, and the air holes nearly match up with the coils, only out by 2mm, unlike the original deck, but I mark the coil position on the metal outer, and will probably still align it all if it makes a difference.

Wicking seems spot on this time around, I just hope it stays that way once the watts are cranked up a bit.

I wonder if I've gone a bit overboard with my latest dual vert build, it's reading at .13 ohms. I cheated and used some rather nice big Claptons that the nice lady @diva sent me with an order, though I did take a wrap out because I cocked up by installing them firstly in a rda that's proven faulty. Sadly I've only been able to test it at the 60w max on my Koopor mini because my 100w Istick won't fire that low, and I dare not test it on a mech, so I'm just waiting to take delivery of my Cuboid to see what potential this build has.

I bought 2 authentic decks for spares, and the air holes nearly match up with the coils, only out by 2mm, unlike the original deck, but I mark the coil position on the metal outer, and will probably still align it all if it makes a difference.

Wicking seems spot on this time around, I just hope it stays that way once the watts are cranked up a bit.
A lot of Cravers sand down the tank until the deck lines up perfectly. The problem caused by Steam Crave using multiple suppliers, some are keying the threads, others clearly are not.
Me, I'm happy to adjust the base whilst checking the airholes to get the air direction that I want, it's not always "square" on. If you have really low ohm verts and high watts you'll probably need to cool them with 4 airholes set diagonally.

This build is with a single wire of .5mm (24g) 316L stainless, 2 x 5 wrap 3.0mm heat points giving initial 0.45ohms ... the wick would completely obstruct the airflow if iut was square on, but it vapes great when set diagonally. With verts you can set the airfow direction as you want, 2 or 4 holes. :)
single stainless.jpg
single stainless 2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom