What's new

Login apologies

I get this every time I switch between WiFi and Mobile Data on my phone. As far as I can tell this particular forum platform uses the IP address as part of session validation. May cause problems for people with dynamic IP addresses from their ISP, too.

There is usually a 'remember me' checkbox which adds a cookie that fixes this by tying the session to the browser rather than an IP Address / User Agent fingerprint and enables automatically restoring the session when IP address changes but I guess that's missing from the wrapper that unifies site and forum logins.

Last edited:
The admin team have asked me to pass on their condolences for this dreadful experience and assure you that (as the most valued member of the forum) this matter is being addressed with urgency. Not for anybody else, just for you because you're special.

In the meantime we have posted you a voucher that entitles you to an extra 50% of the experience that, when you plug the code into the log-in page, should bring your experience up to the full 100% as a temporary measure.
There are now a lot of dejected people, including me, who were absolutely sure they were the most important person on this forum. This has genuinely upset me more than when 1D broke up :(

Just a little update.
A couple of days ago safari threw a hissy fit. Crashing every time I tried to type in the search bar or open a fresh page. Seems I wasn't the only one this affected and it appears to have been practically global. However. The following day all was working as it should.
And....that includes POTV. I am now a happy bunny again.

Sit tight everyone. I know the top dogs are working on it and are testing the shit out of it so we will all be happy. Trust me, we are all in the same boat so we are all hoping it gets fixed soon :)

Been testing again this evening as the software developer did another update. Not there yet but it's looking better! Nice one with the Safari barf sorting you out @AceMelon - fingers crossed it stays that way for a while :D

First time in over a week i have been able to log in, every time i would click log in, it would then change to the site view informing me i was logged in, i would click forum, only to get to the forum logged out??

Today i again tried to log in, once it confirmed i was logged in, but before doing anything else i logged out, i also deleted all cookies, logged back in and Yahooo! Hopefully thats it sorted.

Using Win 10, and Google chrome

Cheers for all the work in the background

Seems to be working great since your update , logging in fine every time.

Cheers folks

Log - in has been fine on two PCs for quite a while @junglist however adblock is now not working on both of them - one of them is used on a really slow connection hence adblock - is this a fault or is adblocker disabled? Couldn't see anything relating to it elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom