What's new

Noisy Cricket Safety

Getting a noisy cricket in the next few days off an ape, I have a good knowledge of ohms law and battery safety but I just want someone to double check my calculations through fear of my sleep deprived brain getting it wrong
So it series so I'll double the voltage from 3.7 which makes 7.4
I'm gonna build at 0.5 ohms to start with so from my maths that will give me a 14.8 amp battery draw which gives a comfy amount of headroom from my 25rs 22 amp limit. Please feel free to correct me if im wrong apes. Always like to double check when it comes to unregulated and battery safety

Getting a noisy cricket in the next few days off an ape, I have a good knowledge of ohms law and battery safety but I just want someone to double check my calculations through fear of my sleep deprived brain getting it wrong
I'm gonna build at 0.5 ohms to start with so from my maths that will give me a 14.8 amp battery draw which gives a comfy amount of headroom from my 25rs 22 amp limit. Please feel free to correct me if im wrong apes. Always like to double check when it comes to unregulated and battery safety

Just watch this, it will tell you everything you need to know:

Sounds about right mate but take your calculations from a voltage of 8.4 rather than 7.4. Cells with a fresh charge will be at 4.2 not the nominal voltage of 3.7.

I run mine at .5 with no issues using HE4s which are officially 20 amp so you should have no problems. Just always check battery wraps are in good condition and the positive pin on your atty sticks out far enough past the negative and you'll be fine.

Sounds about right mate but take your calculations from a voltage of 8.4 rather than 7.4. Cells with a fresh charge will be at 4.2 not the nominal voltage of 3.7.

I run mine at .5 with no issues using HE4s which are officially 20 amp so you should have no problems. Just always check battery wraps are in good condition and the positive pin on your atty sticks out far enough past the negative and you'll be fine.
Getting an indestructible atty so I have the definite peace of mind they'll work nicely together, plus I think the combo of the both is gorgeous. Thanks for pointing out my mistake, this is why I'll always double check because I'd rather be safe than have a mini bomb in my hand

Run mine at .3 and battery's last me all day.
Never gets hot even when chaining the crap out of it.

So

Build .3 up
Use good battery's,Samsung 25r /LG
Remember to have a good 510 pin as it a hybrid

And last, If its getting hot please put it the fuck down :-P

I binned mine...(could have done a giveaway but then I would still have worried) and I have a hybrid fortune mod...so that bit did not concern me..what did though was my battery wraps were clearly not going to last..its a tight fit in there with some batteries.
Be careful folks

Just stuck a couple of big claptons in a griffin coming in at .5ohm ang got it on the cricket
Very warm but in short bursts it's ok
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1455229815.403717.jpg

Back
Top Bottom