What's new

Is it worth it

Lucasporter1337

Postman
So I've got a uwell crown and have the nickel coil
For temp control, but I'm not sure if there's any point. I can see the appeal on an rda's it eliminates dry hits, but I never let my crown run low enough to give me one. Any insights into this would be appreciated

Last edited:
I agree mate. Look after the juice level and the watts, and temp control is pointless.

I agree mate. Look after the juice level and the watts, and temp control is pointless.
I think for an rda it's a cool idea, but in a tank as long as you don't let it run out of juice is see it as being really quite pointless, unless someone can enlighten me it will probably sit and rot in the box

Coils get less gunky/last longer. Cleaner more consistent vape. More build options using very low resistance materials.

I'm not a total convert (mech man at heart) but there is more to it than just avoiding dry hits.

Coils get less gunky/last longer. Cleaner more consistent vape. More build options using very low resistance materials.

I'm not a total convert (mech man at heart) but there is more to it than just avoiding dry hits.

All this ^^^^ and the fact that by imposing an upper limit on the temperature the coil can reach you cut down on the formation of thermal decomposition byproducts such as Formaldehyde, Acroelin etc...

All this ^^^^ and the fact that by imposing an upper limit on the temperature the coil can reach you cut down on the formation of thermal decomposition byproducts such as Formaldehyde, Acroelin etc...
Might give it a go once this coil has stuffed it, been interested in seeing what the fuss is about regarding temp control for some time now, could just never be bothered to order wire. When I get round to it if I have any questions I'll be sure to chirp up and learn from the more experienced

Tried the stainless steel 0.5 and 0.25 crown coils in temp control on my rx200 and can't see what the fuss is about. Is it worth getting the ni coils for the crown or arctic v8 as I feel taste would still be better in power mode..?

The reason I use temp control is that I can find the perfect temp for a juice and particular build and then hit that sweet spot with every draw. I can draw on it as long as I like, and my builds last so much longer. I rebuilt my Griffin the other day after over 3 weeks using it every day and the cotton was actually still fine.

I've been experimenting with nickel, titanium, and more recently stainless steel. In tanks it all depends on whether you're using pre built coils or an RTA as to how fiddly and reliable it is, but none of that matters if you have a shit mod.

I started using TC on a Sigelei 75w using nickel, and in a Bellus tank I got pretty good results. I got an Xcube2 on sale, mainly for the price and battery life, but the way the temp control works isn't anywhere near as good as Sigelei, and tends to pulse which I don't like. Now I have a DNA200 device it blows every other mod with TC I've tried away. It's really amazing.

Back
Top Bottom