What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

DIY Juice separating

ktap12996

Postman
Hi guys

Bought a DIY juice kit from makemyvape, have mixed VG with flavouring that I think is from flavour west.

I mixed
Flavour 10%
Sweetener 5%
VG 85%

The flavour is pink lemonade so it is pink so its clear to see the separation and also has loads of tiny bubbles in if i let it sit

I let it steep for 2 days, shaking once/twice a day, also kept it in warm water for an hour and kept the top off for approx 30 minutes.

any assistance appreciated

Cheers
K

That's pretty high vg for some concentrates. I know some flavours don't mix well at such high vg ratio but I've no personal experience of this... Just from reading online:

I've never heard of that happening myself and never had it happen to any of my juices. Seems odd.

To be honest i have never had this happen have you contacted make my vape for advice

It's happened to me with pink lemonade and ecto cooler. Don't know the science behind it but after a few days and some good shaking it's always seemed to blend ok only seems to be with higher VG 70+

Had this before with polusion concentrate from bigjuice, it gets a film on top of the liquid that is clear and underneath is the right colour. I stopped using it after my anitial mix as seperation to me indicates oil or somthing that isnt ment to mix in liquids, use it if you feel comfortable with it just shake it well before filling your tank each time

Just incase anyone is wondering, think this was the flavourings that was the issue... they are natural flavourings which apparently separate more?

Hi guys

Bought a DIY juice kit from makemyvape, have mixed VG with flavouring that I think is from flavour west.

I mixed
Flavour 10%
Sweetener 5%
VG 85%

The flavour is pink lemonade so it is pink so its clear to see the separation and also has loads of tiny bubbles in if i let it sit

I let it steep for 2 days, shaking once/twice a day, also kept it in warm water for an hour and kept the top off for approx 30 minutes.

any assistance appreciated

Cheers
K

Get the cake mixer in the next batch and whoop the bejesus out of it for 30-60 seconds and it will steep away at an even consistency forever more. Some favour heat like a hot plate (glass bottles) but I have tried it with a 1960's heated serving plate which gets 'kin hot and personally I don't rate it at all.

What I do rate highly though is heating it and then cake mixing it whilst it's warm I think the two methods combined are far superior to any other method.

I tried to take some shots when I did it last to demonstrate why it appears to an obviously superior method but my iPhone camera wasn't up to the task so that was the end of that.

I'm no eliquid guru but I am a mixing stuff guru and these are my official findings so far and I reckon they'll sort you right out my man

Get the cake mixer in the next batch and whoop the bejesus out of it for 30-60 seconds and it will steep away at an even consistency forever more. Some favour heat like a hot plate (glass bottles) but I have tried it with a 1960's heated serving plate which gets 'kin hot and personally I don't rate it at all.

What I do rate highly though is heating it and then cake mixing it whilst it's warm I think the two methods combined are far superior to any other method.

I tried to take some shots when I did it last to demonstrate why it appears to an obviously superior method but my iPhone camera wasn't up to the task so that was the end of that.

I'm no eliquid guru but I am a mixing stuff guru and these are my official findings so far and I reckon they'll sort you right out my man

sounds good man i'll give it a blast!

Back
Top Bottom