What's new

Failed

w0rdfish

Postman
My first baby steps into diy have largely been good, simple premixed concentrates, but I've been enjoying them... And then,

Mount Baker Guabana berry, I don't know what I did. I don't know what a Guabana berry is, come to that. But I measured, mixed and even steeped. Ever so proud.

I filled, and inhaled, and nodded sagely, a faintly guava taste in my mouth. I exhaled in anticipation of...

I don't know, but it wasn't mouldy blue cheese I expected.

I tried again, same result. Once I got over the hacking and spitting, slightly horrified I tried it again.

Still blue cheese.

And let that be a lesson to all to thoroughly cleanse their work surfaces. Or find out what a Guabana berry actually is.

I have now taken the advice of a tattooist friend and just roll sheets of cling film over the work surface before mixing.

I've sometimes had a cheesy taste from custard type juice if sampled too early. A few extra weeks in the cupboard and it is a different juice.

I find the cheesy taste comes from too long a steep! Oh how we all differ!

Never experienced cheesy tastes tbh, try leaving top off bottle to let some of the flavour out

Thanks for that folks. I'd never heard of cheesy tastes before, so I freaked out and threw the bottle, but it's good to know that its might just need more (or less) steeping!

Back
Top Bottom