What's new

Pre wrapped SS wire?

graykev

Postman
Does anyone know where i can get pre wrapped SS coils? I build/wick on an RBA deck but just can't get perfect wraps using my coil jig so i have been buying pre wrapped kanthal up to now.

I want to move onto temp control using SS wire but can't seem to find anywhere that sells the coils pre wrapped. Does anyone know of anywhere?

I was considering the stock TFV4 SS coils but don't want to spend the money plus i enjoy wicking them myself on an rba.

Last edited:
Not sure anyone does SS pre mades at the minute, If anywhere has them it will be FT - but quality will be hit and miss...
Which coil jig are you using?

Not sure anyone does SS pre mades at the minute, If anywhere has them it will be FT - but quality will be hit and miss...
Which coil jig are you using?
Whats FT?

I'm using the coil master one. It's a hit or a miss. Sometimes they come out perfect but usually i get a kink in my first wrap that i can't get rid of. Wasted alot of wire trying...

FT= Fasttech, Don't put any pressure on the top bit of the coil master - just touch it against the wire and rotate it, pressure will cause flattening or spiral shapes...

I have a coil master type jig thing and I always add an extra 4 wraps and pull 2 from each side out, this gives you the perfect coil.

Im sure @Tubbyengineer will agree :)

Back
Top Bottom