What's new

BBC: Do e-cigarettes make it harder to stop smoking?

srs

Postman
"People trying to give up smoking often use e-cigarettes to help wean themselves off tobacco. Most experts think they are safer than cigarettes but a surprising paper was published recently - it suggests that people who use e-cigarettes are less successful at giving up smoking than those who don't."

and

"But while the conclusion is surprising, so is the number of academics who have criticised the paper."

More at: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-35506414

Good article. So much research in this field is (deliberately?) open to misleading interpretation. The uninformed journalism from The Mail and friends would be hilarious if it were not for people dying unnecessarily.

I'm one of the (few?) vapers that don't really care about whether e-cigs get people off the fags or not. I don't even care about whether e-cigs are "healthier" than tobacco. I'm just not a very caring kind of person and other peoples well being means very little to me.
But! If I was being paid to care, I'd care loads even if it meant only pretending to care so that my pay cheques keep rolling in every month. :D :D :D

I'm one of the (few?) vapers that don't really care about whether e-cigs get people off the fags or not. I don't even care about whether e-cigs are "healthier" than tobacco. I'm just not a very caring kind of person and other peoples well being means very little to me.
But! If I was being paid to care, I'd care loads even if it meant only pretending to care so that my pay cheques keep rolling in every month. :D :D :D

But do you like being lied to so that the journalists, politicians and scientists who pretend to care can line their pockets at your expense?

Nice to see Glantz get smacked down in the article. Read it earlier and thought the BBC was going to back him up but the fact that they got people who know what they are talking about to rubbish the article was good. The quote from Anne McNeill was quality:

I am concerned at the huge damage this publication may have - many more smokers may continue smoking and die if they take from this piece of work that all evidence suggests e-cigarettes do not help you quit smoking; that is not the case.

Especially as some of the research that Glantz sellotaped to get a negative soundbyte about vaping was her work.

Thank god someone posted this, I created an account to express my utter disgust with the BBC then saw this.
the way they portray e-cigs is filthy and misleading, its not the first time that ive read the news and though "corrupt lying bas****s"

Back
Top Bottom