What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Donut recipe concentrates list Question

billy_idle

Achiever
I would like to have a go at making a glazed donut recipe, first without a strawberry flavour and then with,
I had a look at other recipes and found some common concentrates people used and would like some advice on what are the first ones to get to play with.

Here's the list of concentrates:

Frosted Donut (TPA)
Pie Crust (TPA)
GhramCracker (TPA)
Cheesecake (Graham Crust) (TPA)
Marshmallow (TPA)
Bavarian Cream (TPA)
Vanilla Swirl (TPA) 0.8
Golden Butter (CAP)
Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA)

Glazed Doughnut (CAP)
Cake Batter (CAP)
Sugar Cookie (CAP)
Sweet Cream (CAP)
Sweet Strawberry (CAP)

Cookie (FA)
Meringue (FA)
Joy (FA)

Dulce de Leche (FW)
Cake Batter Dip (FW)
Cake (Yellow) (FW)

Thanks for any ideas.

Looks like you're going all out here, which might be overkill somewhat!

I've used CAP choc glazed doughnut when making bronuts (http://diyordievaping.com/2015/08/18/bronuts/) Really nice if you like that signature cap chocolate flavour.
I'd like to try the CAP frosted and TPA frosted side by side.

note the percentages of yellow cake (it's strong shit!) and INW biscuit (might be one for your list)

FA Joy is a weird one, but adds a waxy type mouthfeel, might be something your looking for, but also adds something to round out the other flavours. Again, use sparingly!

How about picking up a raspberry as well as strawberry?

I'd leave out the pie crust, graham cracker and cheesecake graham cracker crust.. upto you though, I wouldn't add them into a doughnut recipe I don't think. How about adding a bottle of Cap custard V1 instead? :)

Oh, and some EM or some type of sweetner, because every mixer should have some of that (unless you already have it)

Looks like you're going all out here, which might be overkill somewhat!

I've used CAP choc glazed doughnut when making bronuts (http://diyordievaping.com/2015/08/18/bronuts/) Really nice if you like that signature cap chocolate flavour.
I'd like to try the CAP frosted and TPA frosted side by side.

note the percentages of yellow cake (it's strong shit!) and INW biscuit (might be one for your list)

FA Joy is a weird one, but adds a waxy type mouthfeel, might be something your looking for, but also adds something to round out the other flavours. Again, use sparingly!

How about picking up a raspberry as well as strawberry?

I'd leave out the pie crust, graham cracker and cheesecake graham cracker crust.. upto you though, I wouldn't add them into a doughnut recipe I don't think. How about adding a bottle of Cap custard V1 instead? :)

Oh, and some EM or some type of sweetner, because every mixer should have some of that (unless you already have it)
thanks, that's just the sort of advice I'm looking for. I do want to whittle the list down alot lol, just don't know what is a 'must have' and 'don't bpther. Yep I have the Ethyl Maltol from Inawera, but not any of the others yet.

Quite a few find using TPAs Marshmallow instead of EM works for them really well.

Once you're settled on a mix, could I suggest substitute the EM for Marshmallow and compare the two mixes. See which you prefer

Quite a few find using TPAs Marshmallow instead of EM works for them really well.

Once you're settled on a mix, could I suggest substitute the EM for Marshmallow and compare the two mixes. See which you prefer
Thanks, marshmallow is definately on my list then. :-)

I mixed a jammy donut with strawberry receipe which was really nice but figured I would try subbing the strawberry for TPA raspberry at the same % I like raspberry you see, anyway, HOLY CRAP that shit is strong, a lot stronger than the strawberry. Now instead of having a nice strawberry note in there I have an overpowering raspberry. Oh well, you live and learn right. Just something to be aware of :)

Back
Top Bottom