What's new

Dodgiest 510 I've seen!

Yep I feel your pain @gscott, the V5s are a load of shit to be polite! I fitted 5 in testers and everyone of mine had to be removed within a week for either leaking or bad connection to atty.
Dennis at FDV is aware of the issue, but they are still going out! :(
The V4s are slightly better but can be a bit leaky.
IMHO the V3 was probably the best he made.

I think the MAV4 is the best BF connector out there, Svapamo sell them but they are a bit pricey!

I thought I had bad luck with my V5 as it did exactly the same and dropped out while soldering. I ended up making my own isolator out of epoxy putty.

They really are pants

Yep I feel your pain @gscott, the V5s are a load of shit to be polite! I fitted 5 in testers and everyone of mine had to be removed within a week for either leaking or bad connection to atty.
Dennis at FDV is aware of the issue, but they are still going out! :(
The V4s are slightly better but can be a bit leaky.
IMHO the V3 was probably the best he made.

I think the MAV4 is the best BF connector out there, Svapamo sell them but they are a bit pricey!
Really like the look of the mav4 but I think it will be getting reserved for if I ever get round to building a nice stab wood squonker especially at €33

Got through soldering up everything in my first squonker and went to put the rubber hose onto the fdv v5 then this happens
View attachment 74178
I was really looking forward to getting my squonker going too.
Dodgy that's all I'm saying if they can't take the pressure of putting on the hose[emoji34]
Did this get sorted fella? I'll send you a replacement if I haven't already.

Yeah mate I ordered a the v4 version from you and got it done there is a pic posted in the finally finished thread,cheers anyway mate

no way to put it back together?
There probably would be,but it but it wouldn't be great as there's no threads to screw the pos into the ceramic insulator so it would probably fall to bits after a short while

Back
Top Bottom