What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

New TFV4 + X Cube 2. Leaky.

RedJenny

Hi I'm new here :)

I just upgraded my vaping kit to sub ohm. I was quite pleased with the difference, though I do like the tighter draw sometimes on my previous.

Anyway, I bought the SMOK X Cube 2 + TFV4 seemed a beastly setup and the clouds it made seem quite good.... the brief periods when it works.

I bought a pack of the TF-STC2 coils, Stainless Steel Temp Control. to use with it. I have two big issues (which may or may not be related).

Firstly I cannot use TC mode for long, after 3 seconds it goes Temp Protect and switches to Wattage Mode.... If I just used wattage mode it seems happy but seriously I wouldn't have paid £18 for TC coils just to use in wattage mode!

Secondly, and the most annoying & destructive, is that the TFV4 leaks everywhere. It nearly killed my mod!! -_- I thankfully caught it in time but had I not been with it I would have come back to a battery compartment full of VG.

All seemed well at first, except for the strange dropping of the juice level when it had not been used. I assumed it was simply wicking (they are big coils) but then I found out why it had been dropping when I turned it on its side.. It was collecting in the bottom of the tank near the airflow, and when it's tipped sideways.... out it comes. I thought perhaps I had somehow assembled it incorrectly or not tight enough, or even that a coil was faulty? But no. Changed to a fresh coil, cleaned and screwed everything nice and tight and left it overnight... The level dropped by about 1/3 and when I turned it sideways...
Disassembled:

I contacted the supplier and they told me they would replace it. But I after googling it, it seemed like it was not an isolated incident. I am not sure where the liquid is leaking from it's not going down the chimney because I didn't fill it that high. But it's pouring out somewhere. Maybe the SS coils are just crappy :/ hmm. I wonder if it's the reason TC keeps bugging out since so much juice is leaking. After it leaked all over my clothes and also down my mod (nearly ruining it) I feel a certain lack of confidence here.

I guess I will go with a replacement and hope for the best, but if anyone has any experience with this tank or maybe has another option to suggest feel free.

Thanks guys.

Mine leaked for fun when i got it, turns out it's the o-ring on the coil, was too small. I swapped the o-ring for the one that came with the supplied RBA (as it looked thicker), and that stopped the leak.

You also need to check the o-ring is present where the chimney screws into the top of the coil. My first TFV4 was missing this o-ring.

Back
Top Bottom