What's new

Review my first tobacco concentrates from flavourart reviews

I was talking about Soho ... I liked Dark Rolled, just like a strong rollie.
I would give King Arthur's Pipe a try, it's one of John's flavours, Flavour Art UK, not one from Italy. I used to vape loads of it when I still liked full on tobaccos. You have to go very low % with it though, most of Flavour Art's tobaccos are bloody strong. 2-3%
The other thing I liked back then was an additive for tobaccos called Dirty Neutral Base by Inawera ... but it's much more of a cigarette thing than a pipe or cigar flavour.

Thanks, just ordered both of them, also will try the Sneaky Drag, I like an ash type vape, it's good to be free of the somewhat over powering sweetness that many (that I've tried) concentrates give. I'll grab some Dirty Neutral Base at some point, don't recall that I've ever had anything by Inawera.

Yikes, Soho or dark rolled? I don't like caramel in my juices anymore, loved it at the start, now I almost hate it, along with vanilla.

What I'm after is a dark, woody flavour, some sort of pipe or cigar flavour without an overpowering fragrant taste and little or no sweetness or liquorice/aniseed. I don't think what I'm after exists although back in 2012 Cloud 9 vaping had an e-liquid like it, I thought it was called Storm, it's certainly not the FlavourArt Storm.
Been messing about with FA tobaccos for a while now. An equal mix of Dark Vapure and Perique is very nice, although I do add a little caramel and other things to round them out. Tuscan is very nice too and sounds closer to your description as it is quite cigar-like and non-sweet. Just started experimenting with King Arthur's Pipe and it seems to be in a similar vein but stronger. Their oRYental4 is not overly sweet at all and very nice at 5% as a standalone. Burley is a nice cigarette-like flavour. Got some others on the go but they do all seem to really need a good steep, minimum 2 weeks and preferably a month. Wasn't keen on Shade, which is quite floral. Sneaky drag is as cheap and satisfying as it sounds, Chobaccy does what it says on the tin and is quite pleasant after a good steep. Just got some Desert Ship in and it smells very promising indeed. Mixing combinations of them up to a total of 3-5% seems to work well or 4-5% alone. To me they do all benefit from a few extra additions at 0.5-2%. I've been choosing a few from Banana, Caramel, Vanilla Bourbon, Custard, Blackcurrant, Walnut, Cookie, Coconut, Menthol etc.

Been messing about with FA tobaccos for a while now. An equal mix of Dark Vapure and Perique is very nice, although I do add a little caramel and other things to round them out.

Indeed, I throw in some Black Fire as well, I agree it needs some sweetness as well.
Tuscan is very nice too and sounds closer to your description as it is quite cigar-like and non-sweet. Just started experimenting with King Arthur's Pipe and it seems to be in a similar vein but stronger.

I'll look at the Tuscan next order, just mixed some King Arthur's Pipe at 2.5%, think it needs to be a tad stronger, will get some idea a way down the line.

Burley is a nice cigarette-like flavour. Got some others on the go but they do all seem to really need a good steep, minimum 2 weeks and preferably a month.

Burley and Latakia, good flavours them, the Burley has more punch to it.

Just got some Desert Ship in and it smells very promising indeed.

I've been getting through loads of it, messed the last batch up, mixed it far too strong, I had vapers tongue at the time. It's not nice at more than 10%, around 5-7.5% is good though.

Sneaky drag is as cheap and satisfying as it sounds

Knocked some up, it smells very floral to me (at 5%), a bit weaker and I think I will like it. The Dark Rolled is promising as well.

Thanks for that @andi52, most useful. I mix any and all FA concentrates at 5% in a little 10ml test just to get a measure of what they're like so I'm glad to hear the Desert Ship might actually be all right at that. The Sneaky Drag is one of those I found took at lest a month to come good and that was at 5% so you might find the same. Haven't tried Dark Rolled yet so that will be in the next super six. Cheers.

Really useful thread for me as I'm just getting into mixing and only really like tobacco flavours. Thanks to all. :)

Sorry for the revival but I just had too.

I've been mixing my own for years and jump between everything but always come back to tobacco's. At the moment I'm off work long term due to illness and have decided to start exploring Flavour Art's big range of Tobacco concentrates to keep me occupied.

I've added a few of the popular ones in this thread. I'll report back in a few weeks time.

Cheers

Good thread, some interesting info and will for sure order a few recomended here. What is meant by floral notes? Litteraly a flowery perfume taste?

Good thread, some interesting info and will for sure order a few recomended here. What is meant by floral notes? Litteraly a flowery perfume taste?
Yeah if you imagine someone has sprayed perfume the droplets still in air and some get in your mouth you have a perfumy after taste in your mouth. The only time i breathe steeping liquids is when you have a perfumy smell but try to catch it at the concentrate stage and breathe that.

Cool, thanks. Was thinking of these with my next order. Burley, Latika, Desert Ship and Seven leaves. I dont want that perfumey floral note at all. Are those ones floral free?

Back
Top Bottom