What's new

Cubis Tank unbiased Review

vape_buddy

Postman
Here is my experience with this tank. An honest unbiased opinion.
I bought this from joyetech uk they are selling it at £29.99 but with discount code it can be cheaper. It came with 3 coils. Two 0.5 and 1ohm SS316 coils and another Clapton coil. At first look the built quality looks very poor considering the other products on the market. Even the name of the tank is poorly primted. No laser etching no fancy stuff. A very basic cheap looking tank.
However since it's unique product so let's ignore the overall built quality.
I tried first the 0.5ohm coil and after dripping e-liquids on the coil left it for 2h to soak the juice which was 70vg 30pg blend.
I followed the instructions thinking it's unique tank so let's operate it as per the book. The max wattage stated on the coil is 30w. Used the coil at 20w took couple of puffs and just after 5th got a nasty burnet hit. Tried again after leaving a gap between pulls with no joy at all.
Drained the high VG juice changed it to 50/50 blend and there it goes again. 3pull and full nasty burnt hit.
This time thought to change it in SS 316 mod on cuboid at recommended 30w no cloud production taste aweful.
Contacted Joyetech UK today and the procedure was told to set the wattage at 60w and start it from 360f in SS mod and to avoid using higher VG based e-liquids.
This is completely opposite to what was written on the coil and in the manual.
Come on Joyetech We are in 2016 with such a wide variety of tanks to choose from and here we have Alledgly an innovative product which unfortunately does not perform as close to any cheap sub-ohm tank.
My opinion on the tank is don't waste your money on a tank which has such a poor performance and built quality in my opinion and experience so far. This only looks good in pictures but not good in the real usage. Innovation should come with performance enhancement as well not at the cost of performance. Don't get carried away by biased reviews and consider the reviews from the real users.
Please share your opinion too.
Thanks

I was thinking of getting one this week i think now i will hold out and see what others say. Thanks for the warning you might just have saved me a few £ and a lot of frustration

Ive heard a lot of good things about this tank, hopefully your experience is not representative. I shall be finding out for myself soon..

Ive heard a lot of good things about this tank, hopefully your experience is not representative. I shall be finding out for myself soon..

dansus the coil has tiny juice slots and thicker juices will not wick properly. Their trick as far as I can understand is to haave high wattage initial burst then to cutoff the power (in temp mode) which is no way representative of the actual chain vaping we are used to neither is written in their manual. Joyetech will be sending me a new coil so will repeat this with their stated procedure but so far not impressed.
I can sell this tank at much cheaper price to anyone wanted to try it.

The idea looks good, but the pictures suggest it has poor airflow.

Surprisingly the airflow isn't that bad. It's similar to the idea behind Hercules plus tank where the drip tip airflow gets into the top of the coil but this has bigger slots so it's obvious that it will be much airear. The wicking in my opinion is a big issue which may require bigger bottom slots to wick it efficiently with thicker juices. It does give a spit back when fired initially despite of a mesh on 0.5ohm coil to prevent it.

Surprisingly the airflow isn't that bad. It's similar to the idea behind Hercules plus tank where the drip tip airflow gets into the top of the coil but this has bigger slots so it's obvious that it will be much airear. The wicking in my opinion is a big issue which may require bigger bottom slots to wick it efficiently with thicker juices. It does give a spit back when fired initially despite of a mesh on 0.5ohm coil to prevent it.
I think airflow and wicking are closely connected. You need decent airflow with thicker juices to help suck the juice through the wick. I have one tank that gives a dry hit if i take a gentle toke on it, but vapes superbly if i really suck on the bastard! :)

Back
Top Bottom