What's new

NextGen clone - airflow?

stevoknevo

Achiever
Have a hankering to try a gennie, how tight is the airflow? I like a restricted lung hit ala UTA2.

Is the provided mesh useable or better to get some from Stealthvape? What grade is best suited?

TIA.

I had the same hankering and took delivery of a NextGen clone yesterday. Haven't build it yet - that's the headache for the weekend!

Like yourself I like a restricted airflow on the UTA2 - a couple of ball hairs width to be precise - and I reckon the NextGen offers similar airflow.

I've got some 400 grade mesh, which I believe will suit 50/50 juice. I think lower graded for higher VG juice is how it goes, but will keep an eye on this thread for more informed responses.

Like I say, it'll be at least a day or two before I can claim to be a Genny master [emoji41]

I've got the Nextiny, and my genuine NextGen arrives today :D

In terms of the draw, you can get a restricted lung hit on gens and tinys, the Nextiny is a pretty airy lung hit when you have the airflow at its widest setting and the NextGen is supposed to be a touch tighter.

Mesh wise, get a stealthvape order in, and for the NextGen a #200sf (18mm height by 55mm width) with #300 (7mm x 13mm) topper build is the daddy. Wicks whatever you can throw at it

Similar to this @dw1986

Let us know how you get on with it @andky ;)

Similar to that bud, same sort of method, but use #300 cut 7mm high x 13mm wide instead of #400 (#400 is not necessary as a topper with this build IMO) as this should wick any type of juice you can think of. After you have placed the wick on the centre post lift it up ever so slightly so it isn't shorting against the deck of the NextGen. Go for 4 wraps of .3mm kanthal or 5 of 0.28mm, make sure you use a mech when wrapping your coil as you will find it way easier and you are less likely to get kinks in your wires causing hotspots/resistance fluctuations, and don't wrap your coil too tightly against the wick which will choke it off. Hotspots should pulse out quickly (start off around 10w and increase 1w steadily), just adjust your wires to make sure you have fairly even spacing. As long as your bottom wrap is reasonably tight when you trap it underneath the negative screw you shouldn't have any hot legs. NextGens/Nextinys have got to be the easiest and most forgiving gennies to build!

Also, torch the fuck out of each mesh piece individually before rolling it, as it's easier to roll, then torch the fuck out of it again when you have it on the form before using it. You want the mesh really well oxidised before you use it.

I use the same build with the In'Ax as well and it's outstanding for flavour ;)

Last edited:
Nice one @dw1986

Got a stealth vape order arriving tomorrow - the weekend is now taken care of.

@stevoknevo I'll keep you updated Sir, you'll probably hear my shouting from wherever you are [emoji2]

No worries guys, you are gonna love it :D
image.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom