What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Anyone can build a squonker!

Nice whats the thickness of the copper strips you used been looking an start from 0.3 to 0.9 thickness and from 10mm 60mm wide in 300mm length i was thinking of similar but getting wider copper to keep at 15mm throughout an 30mm at contacts to allow to bend over for a kind of Springy top bottom battery contact in away t
It wont tear the wraps so bending would be towards the wood maybe , then there wouldn't be any edges to catch [emoji367] wraps

Excuse the seriously terrible work done here guys but a little info on the very basic mechanical squonker I built, comments appreciated! I've been vaping for 2 years but never built a mod before.

It started when I saw Todd buy a very nice little wooden box a good few months back and I thought "hey I could build myself a squonker with that!". So I purchased the box from https://boxmod.ecwid.com/ and purchased a mosfet, fat daddy 510 with squonk pin, wire, battery sled and all the rest of it from http://modmaker.co.uk/ (thanks Richard!). When the box came 10 days later it was blatantly obvious that everything was going to be such a tight fit. I gave it a go and failed miserably.

Then I thought instead of wires and battery sleds I could turn this into a mechanical squonker. Being new to mod making, and being a little worried about the safety of it all I did all my research and concluded that I knew my battery safety and that's all I needed to know. I bought a pre cut strip of copper from eBay and went at it with nothing more than a pair of tin snips and a pair of pliers. As you can see from the photos it's not exactly expert craftmanship, however, this little baby works a treat! I got the bottles from China (they are actually advertised as portable herb pots) but they are the PERFECT size for the little fella. I have a couple of mechanical mod clones and hybrid tube mod clones and I tell you this thing has way more kick to it. Unfortunately the top rim of the wood has cracked a little but it is holding up apart from that and I've been using it for a couple of months now.

All in all it came in under £50 and there really is something about vaping on a mod you've built yourself. I think down the line I'm going to give a regulated mod a go (as if I need any more gear).

View attachment 74667 View attachment 74668
Thats a nice job mate :)

You said something about mosfet did u use it on that squonk box? If yes.. What is the propper one to use on a mech squonk box?

Vape on! :)

Back
Top Bottom