What's new

A proposal / offer to Modders only please

Roadhoguk

Achiever
This is a proposal to the mad modders out there, I have as you know got 2 very dodgy original Vapros V1 units in my possession, now I would be interested to see if any of you mod folk would be interested in turning them into a unit that works properly or modding them into something else, although it would have to be creative and not just another "sweet tin conversion", all i could offer in terms of payment though would be one of the units itself.

Please note though that only Modders need apply, this is for safety as well as experience purposes.

If you would be interested in this just reply here, if you want a look at the devices in question the alert is here >><< showing what was happening.

Please also note that this is in no way connected to anything to do with PoTV , just The Vapourmists :) .

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet the Vamo insides (which are available seperately) can be added quite easily albeit possibly a good option to make the buttons remote to the board so you can set it as you wish.

Hi, I am pretty sure I could fix them so they work or create something else out of them.

Wait and see what offers/ideas you get and should no one come up with a great plan I am up for a play.

I have quite a vast knowledge with building and creating a multitude of things.

Cheers.

I'm shite with electronics as I blew the wife's Microwave up when I went on a cleaning rampage lol :ape:

Needless to say I'm banned from touching Kitchen appliances as I can't be trusted. This includes the Iron! :yahoo:

Considering it's a micro switch, logic says that it's either PCB out and mech mod (shame) or a change of button to handle higher wattage and run the centre pin wiring through it.

If you have one left, I am happy to have a look with the plan to add a switch.

A nice offer Andy i would liked to have had a play but am a little busy at the moment real life is a bitch at times ;)

Perfect Andrew.

My thoughts are that as they have admitted there is 3 faulty components, i will try to track down what they are and replace them.

If this is capacitors that are faulty, which would explain slow voltage drop off possibly,they would be easily repaired as this is a common faulty componant in allot of items. This is due to the incomplete recipe being stolen from original manufacturer and then the faulty copies ending up in loads of electrical equipment. (do not throw out broken tv's as I have repaired loads for only a few pounds worth of cap's. This can be done by anyone capable of wielding a soldering iron with a little bit of knowledge.)

It also could be faulty batteries, which could effect the software causing all manors of issue. So a quick swap out should rule this one out or fix issue.

Failing all that or if it is a chip or software related, it is unlikely a user could remedy this issue, however a simple 2 stage firing system would be a quick simple workaround to the issue.

Hope that makes sense and I look forward to the challenge.

Cheers.

Received today.

I've thought of another thing that may be happening. Perhaps the ancillary item charging is switching on of its own accord.

If I can catch it while its playing up the voltage could confirm this suspicion.

Back
Top Bottom