What's new

Well annoyed!!

gscott1979

Achiever
After spending a couple of hours rewiring my parallel box the other day it's been vaping great,just refilled the aromamizer went to take a hit it started getting hot.
Whipped batteries out in time, heat shrink melted off my mosfet and it shorted to the box,might have fooked the switch 2[emoji34]
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1451696461.555598.jpg
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1451696487.266573.jpg

It shouldn't have damaged the switch, however you really need to wrap the mosfet in a seperate piece of shrink tubing that won't get so small it tears, better still wrap it in high temp plastic film before shrink tube, it's usually the sharp corners that cause shrink tube to tear...

It shouldn't have damaged the switch, however you really need to wrap the mosfet in a seperate piece of shrink tubing that won't get so small it tears, better still wrap it in high temp plastic film before shrink tube, it's usually the sharp corners that cause shrink tube to tear...
It was done all neat n tidy,on further investigation I've discovered the mosfet had fried,put battery in and dropper on there was a slight sizzle at the coil hit the button and the box would heat up where the mosfet sits

You poor sod :( You're not having much luck with your builds lately. New Year - New Luck, eh? :2thumbsup:

Aargh that's tough, I thought from the picture that the Heatshrink tubing had just split, causing the mosfet to short - hence the wrapping advice...

Get yourself some kapton tape. It's thin, strong and very high temperature. Great for insulating.

You poor sod :( You're not having much luck with your builds lately. New Year - New Luck, eh? :2thumbsup:
Tell me about it first the 510 on my squonker now this just hope I have better luck soon,lol
Aargh that's tough, I thought from the picture that the Heatshrink tubing had just split, causing the mosfet to short - hence the wrapping advice...
No worries mate,always happy to take on a couple of extra tips wherever I can[emoji3]
Get yourself some kapton tape. It's thin, strong and very high temperature. Great for insulating.
I might just do that cheers for the tip[emoji106][emoji3]

Bugger.. know the feeling with that. Tell ya what drop me a PM with your address, I'll sort you a couple of Sleds.. ;)

Back
Top Bottom