What's new

Flavour chasing but what build is best??

Nice Cloudcuckoo!
Yeh defo let me know how you get on / what build your going into. SOO looking forward to mine arriving!

Just popped a quick 2.5 inner D 26g 5 wrap parallel build in. Seems OK to start off with, need to play with the wicking a little as its a bit spitty. Not too bad but considered when i drip i get zero spit back its annoying. Just slapped it in as a test to see where we are. Tootin Teatime from @puffinclouds - clearly the first thing to do with a new tank is run cinemmon through it lol

Just popped a quick 2.5 inner D 26g 5 wrap parallel build in. Seems OK to start off with, need to play with the wicking a little as its a bit spitty. Not too bad but considered when i drip i get zero spit back its annoying. Just slapped it in as a test to see where we are. Tootin Teatime from @puffinclouds - clearly the first thing to do with a new tank is run cinemmon through it lol

Cheers cloudcuckoo,
Have you maybe tried 24g 3mm 5/6 wraps...
Saw RipTripper try it and he was vaping dense clouds. Would be great to hear how you get on bud which ever build works.

As for the GEM? Well, still struggling a bit with the wicking but the amount of dry hits I get points towards "once a day" now. It's definitely easier to build on than on a goblin mini (Damn me... Wee Gobbo and me never became friends!) and the good thing is: You basically have so damn little room for a decent coil that for me a 1.5 ohm coil works best - And I run it at 15W maximum although I tend to even go down to 13.5 or even 13.0 Watts just to prevent dry hits. What's so good about this? Well, that thing still eats a lot of juice but the battery lasts ages longer with settings like this.
a little off topic but have you watched this zwerrg?
https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...s-reviews/threads/gem-clone-rta-review.92003/

Aye, Vic actually got me on the idea of getting that thing because I just couldn't find any decent dedicated single coil RTA apart from the Kanger Subtank with the RBA section screwed in. I'm currently using his wicking method although I'm cutting off even a bit more cotton than he does. I think it all boils down to how you tuck in the wicks into the actual juice channels. I'm way too careful with that, like overly careful.

Clapton builds are great for flavour. A dual Clapton in a TFV4 gives tons of flavour and clouds ( had to flatten the wire a tiny bit to get it to fit past the screws), I normally end up with a 0.25ohm build. 5m of Clapton costs about £7. Didn't like the Clapton rba for the TFV4 as it would never wick properly, the juice holes were too small. I even stuck a Clapton in the new isub rba, that tastes pretty good too but nothing that special.

Back
Top Bottom