What's new

Would you buy your parents an E-Cigarette as a present?

Have you or would give an e-cigarette as a gift or generally to your parents?

• Yes

Votes: 32 88.9%
  • No

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted no because my mother already has her own setup and my dad has never smoked in his life.

ive given my wife, sister , and nephew all e-cigs for christmas once as they all liked to give it a go after seeing me get on well with em what a waste of money none of them had the will power to stick to with em i should of spent the money on vape gear for myself lol and got them something else it was so easy last year buying them for them all in one shop iam dreading this year walking around all the shops looking at what i can buy them if only they had stuck with it this year would be the same just one vape shop sorted :17::3dmad:...............

@yappycat just to catch up. I gave my mum a Joyetech AIO and she hasn't smoked a fag for 3 months!

That's fantastic :D I believe my mum is still having a sneaky smoke from time to time but she's cut down by so much it's astounding. So pleased for you and yer mum tho, it's good to pass on the vaping bug :) Just lost my mum-in-law 3 days ago to lung cancer, after losing my dad to exactly the same thing in March only this year. So I smile everytime I see my mum with her vape in hand rather than a ciggy - too many lives lost to those shit-stix :mad:

That's fantastic :D I believe my mum is still having a sneaky smoke from time to time but she's cut down by so much it's astounding. So pleased for you and yer mum tho, it's good to pass on the vaping bug :) Just lost my mum-in-law 3 days ago to lung cancer, after losing my dad to exactly the same thing in March only this year. So I smile everytime I see my mum with her vape in hand rather than a ciggy - too many lives lost to those shit-stix :mad:

Very sorry to hear that, you've had a rough time of it. :(

Frankly I'm amazed by my mum but very thrilled. We're both trying to encourage my sister to join the vape side now.

Very sorry to hear that, you've had a rough time of it. :(

Frankly I'm amazed by my mum but very thrilled. We're both trying to encourage my sister to join the vape side now.

I'm sure your sis will come around to the idea soon if both you and your mum are vaping...she'll come to realise that she smells of rank ciggies while you two float around in clouds that smell of cookies, and fresh fruit smoothies....and ermm..fluffy unicorn rainbow farts ..maybe :D She'll see sense in it anyway, she just needs to be at the right time in her life to take the plunge.
I've been working on my OH for over a year now....no success as yet but his initial attitude of dismissal at my vaping has slowly become grudging respect that I managed to ditch smoking altogether, and now I'm sensing a more positive attitude from him...almost..interest!!! I can only hope, but there's no point pushing him...stubborn bloke and all that. I think when he sits down and gets his head around what cancer just did to his mum that he'll start trying to seriously cut down anyway - he'll ask me for help if he wants to try quitting thru vaping - but he's a stubborn SOB and I bet he'll try going cold turkey first...I best take cover :)

No I wouldn't! They have both got two setups and try to convince their self's they will quit smoking every week! This has been going on for about a year!!
Just to add I have nothing against them for smoking but obviously no point in buying them more stuff[emoji1]

Last edited:
Hey guys.

How are you doing?

My dad's birthday is coming up soon - next month, January.

He's a very light smoker (1 a day) and has tried to give up smoking in the past (unsuccessfully).

I was thinking of getting him a e-cigarette for his birthday - a starter kit to be specific.

But I was wondering have any of you given your parents as a gift or generally an e-cigarette (whether they smoke or not). Because I like the idea of getting him an e-cigarette but don't know if it's considered too much of an unconventional gift.

Look forward to your responses.

Maybe get him one of the pod kits with salt liquid? There's a big long thread about them, @dansus seems to be the members that knows a lot about them maybe he could recommend one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom