What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Would you buy your parents an E-Cigarette as a present?

Have you or would give an e-cigarette as a gift or generally to your parents?

• Yes

Votes: 32 88.9%
  • No

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would definitely give him one - but give it as an additional gift - we vapers think highly of our mods, tanks etc, but if he's not shown any interest, it could end up in a drawer along with the socks and tie that light up and play "Happy Birthday". By all means get him a good quality starter kit, and a couple of bottles of juice - maybe a tobacco and a fruit or dessert flavor, just to show him what's available. I was a 20-30 a day smoker when I discovered vaping thru family, and I've never looked back. And just today I've heard a family member has died of a smoking related illness - it helps put everything into perspective. If we care for those near us, we should give them every chance to get off the stinkies before it's too late.

Yes I would and I did - I bought my mum an Endura T18 and a bunch of juice a few months back. Totally unexpected (but welcome) result as she's now a non-smoker! She was on 20+ a day for the last 30-40 years so I'm stoked about it. It wasn't really intended as a 'gift' as such - just summat I bought her coz I hoped she'd be able to use it to cut down and knew she probs wouldn't go buy one herself, I'd not have bothered if she had only been smoking one cig a day tho.

I'm glad your Mum is still keeping at it There is hope for all the parents!

Personaly unless he wants to quit smoking and has shown an interest in vaping then i wouldnt, the person has to want to quit pushing them into giving up will only backfire on you. plus one a day isnt that bad but i do remember when i started smoking i was on one a day and it soon crept up to 20+ a day.

I'm glad your Mum is still keeping at it There is hope for all the parents!

Thanks! I'm just astounded that it worked for her at all. When I first gave it to her she looked at it like I'd presented her with a ribbon-wrapped turd on a stick lol She's even stopped using it when she goes to work tho, just at home and no cigs in the vape-free time - so I reckon she'll even be dropping the vaping within a few months in favour of fresh air :)

i have just voted, mine is the no vote. but...this is because my parents do not, and have never, smoked.

if they did smoke, then i would do everything i possibly could to get them to quit and would have given them vaping devices the minute i started vaping myself.

as others have said, if he only smokes one a day, is it worth it.....but smoking none a day must surely be better than one.

go for it, get him a starter kit, the worst that could happen is that he doesn't take to it and keeps on smoking his one a day.

not sure whether you are a vaper yourself @louis76, if you do i would avoid the really cheap things. something like an endura t18 seems to be quite popular as a reasonable starter kit and is simple to use, not expensive at about £16 on amazon...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/INNOKIN-Black-Endura-T18-Starter/dp/B018ZDUJE0?th=1

My mom used to smoke before I was born and quit but occasionally she would buy a pack of cigarettes. I was in my local store and saw the icare by eleaf (great for beginners) comes with what you need, just buy some replacement coils which are super cheap and ejuice. I gave it to her as part of her birthday gift and she really liked it. It's there whenever she gets the urge to smoke and it does the job.

It's the thought behind a present that's the true gift. As sentiments go, 'i want you to be around for longer and in good health', has to be pretty high ranking eh.

Bought my Mum an Innokin iTaste MVP 3.0 couple of years ago, and some kind of kanger aero tank.
She never got the hang of mods/tanks though, said they leaked constantly, so she's back on the fags....although she 'dual-fuels' cigalikes in the evenings.
It worries me sick, she's coughing constantly, and suffers from bad bronchitis.
I feel bad for nagging at her, but she says she'll quit when she's ready....guess I should wait til she's ready, can't force her....can I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom