What's new

Would you buy your parents an E-Cigarette as a present?

Have you or would give an e-cigarette as a gift or generally to your parents?

• Yes

Votes: 32 88.9%
  • No

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

louis76

Hey guys.

How are you doing?

My dad's birthday is coming up soon - next month, January.

He's a very light smoker (1 a day) and has tried to give up smoking in the past (unsuccessfully).

I was thinking of getting him a e-cigarette for his birthday - a starter kit to be specific.

But I was wondering have any of you given your parents as a gift or generally an e-cigarette (whether they smoke or not). Because I like the idea of getting him an e-cigarette but don't know if it's considered too much of an unconventional gift.

Look forward to your responses.

if i could go back in time with one then it might have saved my dads life thanks to the dreaded big C. sadly 16 years too late.
but if i had the chance it would defo be yes from me.

+1 Deffo.... As long as it is to stop a smoker from smoking. Not if it was a fashion item just to be as cool as the rest of us ;)

I wish my mum would make the switch, smoked as long as I can remember and still on 10 a day. I have tried to persuade her but if she did I would gladly buy her one.

Unless he shows some interest in trying it then he will probably not use it.
Not sure I have ever met someone who gave up fags because somebody else wanted them to
One fag a day is probably not doing him huge harm.
If you really want to get him one then get it as an extra present rather than the main one, if there is one there for him to use he may give it a try.
Or just talk to him about it see what he thinks.

Honestly, for one cigarette a day i don't think I'd bother.

But, if he's desperate to give up then I'd buy him a simple starter kit. I probably wouldn't get it for his birthday though.

Hey guys.

How are you doing?

My dad's birthday is coming up soon - next month, January.

He's a very light smoker (1 a day) and has tried to give up smoking in the past (unsuccessfully)
I was thinking of getting him a e-cigarette for his birthday - a starter kit to be specific.

But I was wondering have any of you given your parents as a gift or generally an e-cigarette (whether they smoke or not). Because I like the idea of getting him an e-cigarette but don't know if it's considered too much of an unconventional gift.

Look forward to your responses.

I absolutely think you should buy him a starter kit but (like has been suggested upthread) not give it him for his birthday .
I am not sure that sort of persuasion works and might even backfire if he feels pushed into a corner.

I did give up smoking and start vaping because someone else wanted me to but I have persisted because I much prefer vaping to smoking . Right now I would love vape gear for my birthday but would have resented it before I'd made the switch.

Bearing in mind I am the only one in my whole family that smokes.

A few years ago my mum bought me one of those crap ecigs with the end that lights up blue (as a Xmas present)I wasn't impressed. I tried it but it was shit. I had no intention at the time to give up. It depends if he wants to give up personally, as if he doesn't, it will probably go where mine went.. in the bin.

Yes I would and I did - I bought my mum an Endura T18 and a bunch of juice a few months back. Totally unexpected (but welcome) result as she's now a non-smoker! She was on 20+ a day for the last 30-40 years so I'm stoked about it. It wasn't really intended as a 'gift' as such - just summat I bought her coz I hoped she'd be able to use it to cut down and knew she probs wouldn't go buy one herself, I'd not have bothered if she had only been smoking one cig a day tho.

Hey guys. Thanks for responding and giving a vote on the poll. Greatly appreciated. Look forward to more responses. Swaying towards getting it for my dad at the moment. Decisions to ponder haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom