What's new

Who makes the best juice....Yanks or Brits?

Who makes the better juice?

• Total voters
I tried a few and have been mostly disappointed with US juices, whereas our juicemakers tend to be spot on.

With the proliferation of higher VG juices about 4/5 years ago, the yanks nailed it, absolutely nailed it. The only quality juice makers in the U.K. at the time, and this is no bullshit was @manabush and @PlumeBlu...

Some may argue that grants were also “up there” as well, but it was always a lottery to get any, so I’m not including them :)

But, over the last 3 years, the U.K. Has (In my very humble opinion) overtaken the very generic tasting American juice....I still love unicorn milk and mothers milk, but I prefer @Lee unibase SCC over them these days....same with moon sugar....teatime is better....

Powwow is STILL unbeatable and ambrosia from @plumblu takes some beating for a straight custard.....ambrosia wee wees all over quacks custard every day of the week

With the proliferation of higher VG juices about 4/5 years ago, the yanks nailed it, absolutely nailed it. The only quality juice makers in the U.K. at the time, and this is no bullshit was @manabush and @PlumeBlu...

But, over the last 3 years, the U.K. Has (In my very humble opinion) overtaken the very generic tasting American juice....

Can't be arsed to say exactly the same as what @MrTeaTime so eloquently wrote, but this, basically.

American vape juice generally just tastes of Sweet.
Ironically though, my absolute favourite special occasion treats are all American: still love cuttwood, suicide bunny and Glas. Oh and one from Tonix by element.

I think that our preferences are aligned with the place we grew up. From my perspective (Greek guy here), there are some solid flavors from the US ( Baker white, Cutwood etc) and also some from the UK. In my opinion, most of the US liquids are really sweet, coil gunkers. From the other side, the majority UK e-liquids have a type of custard which i hate :p
There are also some liquids from Malaysia that are worth every penny, but in general these guys got a fetish with WS-23 :18:

As I think has already been mentioned a few times it's down to regional preferences I think. USA love super sweet, Malaysia like super cold etc.

Years back the USA juices were in the lead but mainly because the Uk was catching up with the varied range of flavours vaping had to offer and at that time was heavily based around Dekang, Hangsen et-al. All basic flavours but they were cheap to buy, import and the Chinese typically had zero interest in marking their customs exports with the correct values making the import fees nil to negligible.

Importing from the US was by the book so expensive juices were then hit further by duty and vat so it made them less appealing in terms of margins for shops to stock.

Around 2013 though the UK brands started to demand something different from what they wanted to see on shelves, personally speaking I wanted layered flavours but they HAD to be realistic to their description and not overly sweet. Many others in the UK were of the same mind and you found around 2013-2014 that a handful of brands like ours had popped up to not only compete with USA for flavour diversity but to make what they had better for UK tastes.

Something worth noting too is that in 2013 we had fruit flavours with cooling and were often overlooked as it being just a bit odd to try and make a creamy rhubarb slightly cold for example - yet march forward 4 years and we have people thinking the Malaysians somehow invented cold fruit vapes. The difference in what we do though is less about trying to make your throat freeze but to deliver a cold sensation without the increased throat hit - typical of UK juice manufacturers IMHO we seem to look more for balance and intricacy than just full on sweet or full on cold.

I will go out on a limb though and say just recently that a lot of the homebrew or FB shortfill types seem to be trying to emulate the USA or Malaysia rather than set their own path and innovate, you can get a mediochre flavour and bang loads of koolada or ws-23 and make it taste good because the additives take over where your tastebuds would usually be picking up little chemical notes for example. Same with heavily sweetened flavours, you can use a pretty awful flavour base and add loads of sweetener to it to make it much better but to the detriment of coil gunking and overall coil longevity.

To some they don't care, they taste a sweet, cold mango and that's fine but it's worth remembering that it doesn't have to be the case that your coils last a day when other brands don't rely on additives as heavily but instead put more work into flavour development and testing to offer the same flavours without the gunk.

UK all the way for me, I find a much better selection of realistic tasting flavours and more attention to smaller details from UK manufacturers.

Couple of years ago I’d say US

These days it’s definitely UK. Can’t even remember the last time I bought US juice

IRN BRU > Pepsi. Even with reduced sugar.

Ginger Beer > Coke as a Bourbon mixer.*

Back on topic; all the American premium e-juice I have tried is just too sweet and sickly for me. Much better hit rate with UK premium brands both big and small.

Now mix my own and I like in the UK sooo..

* worst auto correct ever.. nearly missed that Android had overruled my attempt to type 'Coke' and somehow decided that 'Come' was more appropriate.

Back
Top Bottom