What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Which do you use,TC or power?,and why

Tc or Power?

• Tc

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Power

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • Both

Votes: 8 25.0%

• Total voters
I mostly use TC with my home made 316L fused claptons with Yihi and DNA mods.
However most rta's/rdas come supplied with pretty nice coils in the box which I will use and these tend to be ni80 so it's power mode for those.

Last edited:
I've invested many hours into TC since the dna40 came out and the payoff has been the square root of fuck all. I vape ss wire in power or voltage mode now pretty much exclusively.

Last edited:
I've started playing with TC, but I'm still not touching on the zen flavour that true initiates rave about. I'm not done trying though, not by a long shot lol! I think it's my settings; I'm setting the joules at the same increment as I would for watts (say 40), then I play with the temp. So far what I've found is to get a vape that I like I'm setting the temp to 250-270 °c (mostly the higher end though). So can anyone give me some hints and tips please?

I've invested many hours into TV since the dna40 came out and the payoff has been the square root of fuck all. I vaped ss wire in power or voltage mode now pretty much exclusively.
Stop watching the Telly and get on with some TC vaping !

Tried TC a few times with SS but never really liked the taste. Didn’t fancy the Ni200 or Ti wires coz I know I’ll forget and probably dry burn them so now I have a real of NiFe30 I will experiment with. Did a quick build in my OBS Engine Nano and it was ok. Maybe will try another build and also in the KF5.
Any tips would be great for NiFe30 builds. ??
Sticking with kanthal and wattage mode on the Alien though, and we all know why that is! ;)

TC because I can vape my cotton dry ready for a flavour change. TC because I like to change the temperature of the vapour without having to adjust the air flow or coil resistance. TC because different juices taste different at various temperatures and I can just run up and down the spectrum until I find the best temp for the juice I have in. TC because I like the temperature of my vape to be the same at the end of a draw as it is at the beginning of a draw. TC because it improves my battery life so much. TC because I don't have to mess with coils to get them glowing evenly from the inside out. TC because people lie when they say they NEVER get dry hits. Except TC vapers of course, who never get dry hits. TC because less nasties are released from juice when you control the temperature you're vaping them at. TC because it's more civilised. :D

I take it you like temp control then, I wish I could get all that from it just to see if I do prefer it or not. When i read a post like yours on TC it always gets me interested again on giving it another go but each time I've tried it it's only been for a day and I've thought narr it shite.
I will have to get a TC mod out and have a chat with you in the new year about coils and settings, maybe you can change my mind.
One thing I can say is using a mech I can most of the time vape my cotton dry if I get my wicking bang on without getting a dry hit and obviously if I do go to far without realising I need to drip I'll get a dry hit but I've only ever done that a handful of times in 6 years vaping.

I'll pm you soon pal

I’ve trued all the different variants over the years but nothing hits the spot like a nice kanthal build for me. I’m a simple girl with simple tastes and I knows what I likes!

I thought that for 3 years....Kanthal was it and that was that. I still to this day would would still be vaping kanthal and all other wire types would disturb my K.I.S.S. method of vaping causing me to be aware of what build is in what atty due to the variances between wire types and if used improperly could cause noxious fumes...NO Thank you. A random contest of wire I won and received a few boxes of fancy coils with several spools of various SS wire 24, 26, 28 gauge. I have a IStick 100 thats a couple years old and never seen TC mode then after I understood TC a bit more I realized I sold myself short by not trying SS and TC earlier just like with DIY juice....contemplated for many months using the researching excuse but once plunged I again realized I have sold myself short buying vendor juice for 2 years knowing about DIY almost right from my first googling of vaping forums to learn more about this amazing stick I use my wife and I use now.
I still not really interested in other wire types other than using them as clapton wraps but SS being less resistant than kanthal and can use both power and watt mode SS make good clapton wraps that I need not hassle using other wire.
The day I discovered a clapton coil that I first thought was a gimmick coil build that came pre installed in a TFV4 RBA I bought. I can't count on 1 hand the stock coils I've used in 5 years of vaping. I was rebuilding our CE4 clearos within the first couple months and those who have rebuilt attys know there is no going back after that first hit off that coil you just built no matter how shitty you think it is. All I vape now is clapton builds, DIY so no concern about juice usage and a great vape in the end. I make a 30K/34SS clapton with 5 wrap 2.5ID coil come to be 1.4ohm, fits nicely into a subtank mini RBA. I was using 28 gauge before and getting higher ohm clapton builds required fat coils that took up all the airflow space along with having to be manipulated to fit.The 30/34 clapton is mighty easy on batts compared to using 28 core wire.
Bottom line is that Stainless wire and TC added to my vape experience, quality of vape went up.

Last edited:
I use VW only, simply because it serves my needs. I don't push coils very hard, staying well within recommended power levels, and I generally don't fire for more than 5 or 6 seconds. I have occasionally forgotten to set the power when changing to a higher res coil, and I would like it if more mods had a less than 10 seconds cutoff, but those are minor cons. One day, all mods will have new coil detection and variable cutoff. Until then, I may burn the odd coil but look, it's pennies, right? :)

I've started playing with TC, but I'm still not touching on the zen flavour that true initiates rave about. I'm not done trying though, not by a long shot lol! I think it's my settings; I'm setting the joules at the same increment as I would for watts (say 40), then I play with the temp. So far what I've found is to get a vape that I like I'm setting the temp to 250-270 °c (mostly the higher end though). So can anyone give me some hints and tips please?

Zen flavour? ..... nah, forget it. That's not what it's for or what it's going to do.

All TC does is regulate the power (wattage) to stop the coil getting hotter and hotter as you fire it ... that's it. If you set the wattage to where you usually have it and set the temp higher than your coil usually gets and take a short pull it will literally do nothing.

Back
Top Bottom