What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Which do you use,TC or power?,and why

Tc or Power?

• Tc

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Power

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • Both

Votes: 8 25.0%

• Total voters

fyslexic ducker

Achiever
Most,if not all of my mods these days all have the tc option but i have never used it.
I find i am in a pretty happy place with the way i vape,on my drippers i notice a distinct drop off in flavour about 2-3 chugs before i need to top up and in my tanks i can see when it needs filling .
Am i missing anything here by using power only?
So what do you use and why.

Sticking strictly to kanthal & VW/VV.

My mind is stuck in the "TC, SS, Ti etc are all just fads" mode. No i'm not ignorant of the possibilities, I just prefer to stick to the simple stuff :)

I don't like introducing multiple variables into things that already work really well for me, that's the main reason for me personally. When i did try TC it ended up being too under-powered, i didn't have the patience to experiment with it enough to find a solution that works, messing with various coefficients just annoyed me. My vape method of operation is to stick a coil, set wattage and go from there on. I know what wattage/resistance/coil type works best for me so I just stick with that.

Last 3 mods I purchased all have TC/SS/Ti etc - you name it. Been stuck in VW mode and never bothered to switch to TC. It also makes it much easier for me to pick a mod too, as long as the battery is good and it feels good in the hand then i'm happy. No need to think :D

I only use TC on my mouth to lung set ups as I prefer a longer draw than when dtling.

Cheers

Gaz

Been a dedicated kanthal builder for 4+ years. I have a couple TC mods but never went into TC nor wanted to hassle with other wire types. I won a contest that was some premade fancy wire coils and some spools of 26 and 28 gauge SS. Did a bit of research, added arctic fox software to my Istick100 then was hooked on my first build. I then bought many more spools of different gauges. I like the fact it has less resistance so it makes great clapton wraps and being able to take a huge pull and not overheat the coil. I don't care much for dryburning my coils like I use to so I get a couple rewickings before I bin the coil, got lots of wire and making claptons is simple so no real need to recycle the coil to death.

99% of the time I use power that I control on a mech but if I do use regulated I still use power simple coz TC is wank, I've played with it and never found it any good at all. Maybe I was doing something but if you think I'm plugging into a pc or just simply fucking about with a load of settings to get a vape anything like a dripper on a mech you can forget it son and until the day someone let's me try a vape that's in the ball park of what I like I'll sick with what I know

I moved over to TC fairly recently and have no plans to move back to power mode but it's horses for courses and the important thing is to use what you are happy with.

Tried a couple of SS coils in TC mode a month back. Got my setup working fine and flavour was good but there was a nasty after taste. I also found that it made my whole mouth feel metallic. Decided not to go back there in a hurry.

I’ve trued all the different variants over the years but nothing hits the spot like a nice kanthal build for me. I’m a simple girl with simple tastes and I knows what I likes!

Back
Top Bottom