What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

What's your favorite vape cotton?

What's your favorite vape cotton?

• Total voters
I can only post a link to Boots commercial stuff, not the pharmacy stuff. But speaking to my wife's cousin, who is a Pharmacist for Boots, and has checked the data sheets it is identical. You can get 500g of cotton wool roll for £2.85, which is deemed 100% safe for non-sterile human applications. Cotton Bacon V2 is currently has an RRP of £3.99 for 10g. So Cotton Bacon is 700% more expensive, but it comes in a nicer packet.

http://www.boots.com/boots-baby-cotton-wool-rolls-1-x-500g-pack-10087771

Can you post evidence of that?

For anyone concerned you could use this...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Simply-Gentle-Organic-Cotton-Pleats/dp/B0054SQ0A2

The point here is that vape cotton is a complete rip off. Which it is.

And you use those?

But why not just get 200 tried and tested organic labo pads for £4 delivered from amazon?

And you use those?

Boots Cotton rolls are made from the highest quality 100 percent cotton to bring you wonderfully soft cotton wool that is ideal for all your baby's, skincare and beauty needs.

This product is manufactured using natural fibres so may contain small pieces of cotton seed, husk or stalk.

It has the same bits of crap in it that I have had to pick out of vape cotton. Therefore it is unbleached. I cannot prove it is pesticide free, but a pharmacist that supplies the stuff assures me it is 100% safe for intimate human use. People use it on their eyes. Beyond that I cannot confirm or deny anything more that it works in my RDTAs perfectly.

The stuff on Amazon claims to be 100% Organic and Soil Association Certified, take from that what you will. TBH to be on the safe side I will probably go over to the Organic just to be on the safe side.

But the point still stands that so called Vape Cotton is a rip off.

I have used cotton bacon V2 exclusively the last 2 years but i am starting and getting rid of it because it breaks apart really easy. @dw1986 do you think that i should give Native Wicks a try ?

I gave up using Cotton Bacon in the end as the break in time was too long IMO, and I was getting a slight horrible chemical taste off of it whilst it broke in. The first batches of Cotton Bacon V1 and V2 I used were great, subsequent ones not so great.

I had Native Wicks delivered to me yesterday, rewicked three atties with it and I've been massively impressed so far. No detectable break in time for me, and it's wicked exceedingly well at low and high wattage, in an RDA, RTA and in the Billet Box. I've been vaping tobaccos with two of the atties, and high VG dessert juice in the other- all three wicks look as good as new this morning. That's a good sign.

Only downside is that is pretty expensive, alongside Chaddos it's the most expensive cotton I've bought so far.

Back
Top Bottom