What's new

What's your favorite vape cotton?

What's your favorite vape cotton?

• Total voters
I really like the vapefly firebolt, wicks really fast, no dry hits and no burn, just love it

Just buying cheap cotton in my local drug store not worse than that "special vaping" cottons after all

I'm kinda curious to how hard rayon(cellucotton) is to get in the UK. I know this is a cotton thread but IMO cotton is cotton no matter where it comes from or how the company says its something special. As I was progressing with my building skills, keeping both my wife and I vaping I didn't like the such short lifespan and easy burning of cotton that kept me chained to my desk rewicking constantly.
I just don't see it mentioned too much so I can assume its hard to get unless your willing to pay YUK shipping charges getting it from overseas.
It's pretty easy to get hold of - we can get the same Graham variant as North America.

It has a bit of a learning curve, and I think people try to use it in the same manner as cotton, then end up having a sub-par experience

Personally, I like putting a core of Rayon in a wick made of rolled Muji. Great wicking and longevity

I really like Cotton Bacon, but I recently started using XFKM cotton I got from Fast Tech, which is packaged pretty much exactly the same way. I really like it so far; I haven't found a noticeable difference in quality compared to the Bacon, & it's way cheaper.

It has a bit of a learning curve, and I think people try to use it in the same manner as cotton, then end up having a sub-par experience

Personally, I like putting a core of Rayon in a wick made of rolled Muji. Great wicking and longevity

Ya...thats the most common mistake is rayon is treated like cotton inwhich its properties are totally opposite. Rayon has NO breaking taste if wicked correctly....just takes a tank to breakin a green rewicking before full power can be used.
One can't pull the rayon through the coil or it thins in the center leading to breakin taste. You twist the rayon tight then screw it through the coil then reverse screw to straighten out the fibers. Thinning bulky tails...not cutting the tails but by brushing something pointy through removing fluff without removing fibers from the coil. Less tail is better cause too much bulk will choke juice flow. I've been using rayon well over 3 years now and no other wicking material compares to it if its wicked properly.
Old skool wicking materials came up in another forum and one day gonna sit down and rayon core some of the old hollow ekowool I got lying around and haven't touched in years.

I'm kinda curious to how hard rayon(cellucotton) is to get in the UK. I know this is a cotton thread but IMO cotton is cotton no matter where it comes from or how the company says its something special. As I was progressing with my building skills, keeping both my wife and I vaping I didn't like the such short lifespan and easy burning of cotton that kept me chained to my desk rewicking constantly.
I just don't see it mentioned too much so I can assume its hard to get unless your willing to pay YUK shipping charges getting it from overseas.

I got a big box from a local hairdressers shop. Enough to last a few lifetimes and dead cheap.

Back
Top Bottom