What's new

What is your favourite wire

Cool mate, I was just trying to help @Social Misfit
I have some 22 awg bricrome, and that hits good, so this being thinner even tho Kanthal I bet it is good :)
Also I have just, well yday wrapped it with 40awg NI80 to see in a. single coil atty ;)

You’re welcome to a sample mate, pm your address if you’re interested.

Tried every wire out there over the years, now I just stick to 316L SS or Kanthal. I mostly vape MTL RTA’s so 26g Kanthal is my norm.

Kanthal for years. Then a brief foray into temperature control tried titanium and nickel.. Wasn't for me... Used nichrome for a while chasing faster ramp up... But settled back on kanthal.. I get a metallic taste with nichrome scratchy throat etc. Don't know if others have the same experience with nickel
I think I'm nickel intolerant.

Ss316 is too low resistance as I usually vape at around 0.4/0.5 and 22 to 25 Watts

Kanthal for years. Then a brief foray into temperature control tried titanium and nickel.. Wasn't for me... Used nichrome for a while chasing faster ramp up... But settled back on kanthal.. I get a metallic taste with nichrome scratchy throat etc. Don't know if others have the same experience with nickel
I think I'm nickel intolerant.

Ss316 is too low resistance as I usually vape at around 0.4/0.5 and 22 to 25 Watts
Me too. Can't handle nichrome at all. Tastes really weird and makes my throat odd. K1 all the way.

I'm on the Nichrome this week.
I've taken to writing how many wraps I need per ohm on the label :doh:

upload_2022-6-27_22-39-46.png

Is Brochrome tailored for high wattage
or is there some that is suited to low wattage MTL
Iirc...brochrome specifically is the ni80 flat wire stuff

I managed to get ss316l in the same dimensions and it is just a pain in the ass, its like working with slinky wire sharpened to knife edge, lol

Now that i know it comes in kanthal, i might try that since ramp up is less on flatwire, in my experience, and i havent met a tank yet that doesnt get over hot in the base using kanthal coils (with my builds, lol)

I'm just getting into my experiments with wire. I spent all Friday evening trying to straighten 8 pence worth of fused Clapton. Fun times.

Back
Top Bottom