What's new

Views on the legal age to start vaping

200% agree sir - soon as they found out wife was working that was it
but you haven't asked how much she earns or what my bills/mortgage is ffs
then they said there was a problem & appears I haven't paid enough tax/stamps
wtf you on about, luckily missus kept all p60's etc....
so present them to prove my earnings etc....

Turns out bastid boss that laid me off wasn't paying his taxes properly and got a visit from taxman
so there is some karma in this world

Was earning more 5 years ago per hour but industry took a hit
laid off and now only got part time work in a totally different sector so money is tighter
but like you I managed to get in front a bit when the going was good/better

Still at least not smoking and only part time means I'm giving those MP bastids less tax
(but no doubt they'll cotton on and invent some other way to screw us over - usually do)

WHOA - fuck me this went off topic quickly - my bad
mods feel free to trim this thread as needed

think I'll grab 40 winks and call it a night/day/morning

Best wishes to all

Last edited:
It might have gone off topic, but it kept you, and I amused in the wee small hours.
Anyway, I think everyone else is long asleep.
Goodnight mate.

In Scotland, humans in most cases are legally adults when they turn 16.

Most of what I listed still applies - even in Scotland
They granted 16 year olds the vote in local elections & the 2014 Scottish referendum
but the age to vote in GE & EU referendum was/is still 18 (like purchasing restricted items)

Most of what I listed still applies - even in Scotland
They granted 16 year olds the vote in local elections & the 2014 Scottish referendum
but the age to vote in GE & EU referendum was/is still 18 (like purchasing restricted items)

This is because Scottish elections are devolved matters, obviously. In non devolved matters uk law applies. But regardless Scots law in most cases considers people adults at 16.

This is because Scottish elections are devolved matters, obviously. In non devolved matters uk law applies. But regardless Scots law in most cases considers people adults at 16.

unless they decide to raise the smoking age - then it is 18 that Scotland decided to raise it, whilst England/Wales kept it at 16

That’s irrelevant @Fuctifino . Adults aged 16 and 17 might not be permitted by law to smoke or buy fags, sure. Or drink alcohol for that matter. But they are still adults in most cases as far as the law here is concerned.

That’s irrelevant @Fuctifino

Ergh not quite, it was the Scottish Parliament that decided to raise smoking age to 18 not Westminster that left it at 16

(You have a thing called Legal Capacity 1991 in Scotland which is not the same as the age of legal responsibility)

I mentioned the age of marriageact 1929 - Gretna Green & the smoking age differences etc....
but most of what I listed applies in Scotland too as I said

Ergh not quite, it was the Scottish Parliament that decided to raise smoking age to 18 not Westminster that left it at 16

(You have a thing called Legal Capacity 1991 in Scotland which is not the same as the age of legal responsibility)

I mentioned the age of marriageact 1929 - Gretna Green & the smoking age differences etc....
but most of what I listed applies in Scotland too as I said

Yes, the age of legal capacity act is quite relevant here. But none of the other stuff you are talking about is. The fact that the scottish government decide that 18 is the age limit for buying fags is irrelevant to the fact that the law in scotland considers people to be adults, in most cases, at 16. Surely this is quite straightforward? What is it about this that you don’t understand?

Yes, the age of legal capacity act is quite relevant here. But none of the other stuff you are talking about is. The fact that the scottish government decide that 18 is the age limit for buying fags is irrelevant to the fact that the law in scotland considers people to be adults, in most cases, at 16. Surely this is quite straightforward? What is it about this that you don’t understand?

Well you are trying to claim one thing butthe fact Scotland decided to raise something instead
which disproves what you are claiming as they RAISED the age beyond 16 to 18

therefore 16 year olds can NOT decide for themselves to smoke = not adults making their own choices
yet the marriage act 1929 decided they can marry at 16 with or without consent
But Scotland decided to raise the smoking age from 16 to 18 when most of UK decided to leave it as is

The age of legal capacity is not the same as legal responsibility once again

What is it about this that you don’t understand?

Back
Top Bottom