What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Vaping its impact on your respiratory system

How has vaping affected your breathing

• Unquestionably better with no problems

Votes: 205 65.3%
  • Better but with some issues

Votes: 70 22.3%
  • No real change

Votes: 32 10.2%
  • Marginally worse

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • A lot worse

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Other (see post)

Votes: 1 0.3%

• Total voters

schlinky

Achiever
One of motivations to try vaping was a nasty cough, I sounded like an old man (I'm in my 30s) and that has dropped off massively (by about 90%). I can also breathe more deeply and comfortably and this is after only 2 weeks and still smoking around 4/5 a day, down from 18.

I wondered if you had seen any changes in your lung performance and breathing in general.

Biggest difference I have noticed is when I get a cold, they always used to end with a lingering cough that could last a couple of weeks, but I have had cold symptoms twice since starting vaping and each time no lung busting cough or flem week has followed.

Unquestionably better.
One of my biggest motivators for quitting was listening to my lungs rattling in bed at night, I don't get any of that now.
Also, when mountain biking as a smoker I used to frequently have to stop and cough up what looked like small, half digested cats (sorry to anyone enjoying their tea :D ) but again, I get absolutely none of that now :)

Last edited:
How has it affected breathing? Hard to answer. Smoking never seemed to affect me adversely at all, so I don't feel the benefits in an expected way. I voted other, solely as I honestly don't know. I can smell better, taste better,mand in some ways perhaps feel better. But I don't really have a datum line or feel I can honestly say I checked or cared. Medically, I had an injury a year or so back that was causing chest pain, they scanned my lungs and chest area and they came back looking good according to doc. So internally am apparently pretty damn good with or without cigs. Pain turned out to be torn muscles for what it's worth.

No morning hacking....which was disgusting.

Not having to go outside for a morning smoke.....

A weird thing though is how much your gums bleed when flossing when you stop smoking. Its the blood flow returning apparently.

Don't smell like a tramp....

Love people people commenting on how lush the vapour smells....never hear that while smoking dirties.

No more coughing, i'm asthmatic well i was ;-)

Sent from a vape cloud using Planet of the Vapes

No morning hacking....which was disgusting.

Not having to go outside for a morning smoke.....

A weird thing though is how much your gums bleed when flossing when you stop smoking. Its the blood flow returning apparently.

Don't smell like a tramp....

Love people people commenting on how lush the vapour smells....never hear that while smoking dirties.

100%, all of that. Not missing the mess and the stink, vaping in the car, house, anywhere is awesome too. I turned up at someone's house the other night and they were like 'oh, you smell like strawberries!' god knows what they were thinking before ;)

Chatting to an ex vaper at the weekend, he came up with the best description I have yet heard "it's like getting your lungs steam cleaned". that's certainly close in my book.

Certainly lung capacity and function is far better than it used to be and not getting as out of breath as pathetically as I used to be.
Walking thro' town is certainly a whole lot easier now, espesh as I cannot stand smokers anywhere near me.
But, I have some sense of smell back and i don't like it! There be a few crappy take away gaffs nearby the flat and for sure somewhere no far away there is a problem with a sewer line. As for the neighbours, oh my giddy aunt - people who use the smoke alarm to tell them when tea is ready should be shot.

So, yes vaping has started to fix the many years of cigarettes damage, but at teh cost of smelling things. How dogs and cats cope I have no idea.

Back
Top Bottom