What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Shop bought juice or DIY?

What is stopping you switching from shop bought juice to DIY at home?

• I don't want to

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I don't know how to make my own juice

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • I don't want to wait for juices to steep

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • I don't think it's any cheaper

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other..... (Tell us in the comments)

Votes: 18 46.2%

• Total voters
I started DIY a couple of months into vaping because financially I had to ... it was easily the best vaping decision I ever made.
There's another reason to DIY though and this is important if you're to persist through the inevitable failures. The sheer pleasure of it. Mixology is a hobby in itself like learning how to cook. Getting started couldn't be easier given the amount of one-shots that are around. Then it can become as involved as you want it to be, or kept simple to save both time and money.

Anyone who says I don't know how to (roughly 25% by the look of the responses) doesn't know how to use Google, Youtube or how to search on a forum, because everything they need to know is at their fingertips.

That's quite pathetic really ... so if that's you ... :rudesanta:

But you see, I graduated from high school 30 years ago. The first time I ever touched a computer was my freshman year of college. Back then intelligent people KNEW computers would change the world. They have changed the WAS we do almost everything. My 17 year old, whom is gifted in math and IT, was using very crude programs by 2nd grade, before that she was making cards and booklets for her dad and me from her first weeks in kindergarten. Have any of you heard of Cobalt or Fortean? They were early programming languages, which I took my sophomore year and struggled to make a "C." That being said it is not that we 40 something's aren't sharp, we just didn't study technology because nobody that we even knew had a computer. They were not affordable. My first real job had a computer system called a Vax, and the sad thing is that I was the only person in the office who knew anything about our system. That was early 90's and I bought my first computer in about 92. I learned what cursory knowledge about IT through on the job training. My children have been educated as you know, with computer technology as an integral part of their curriculum. My daughter and her friends cannot fathom our less than adequate aptitude regarding tablets, laptops, MOBIL COMPUTERS WITH PHONES IN THEM lol and so on. Ok there's my morning rant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Myself, I don't because I'm clumsy. I tend to get nic and VG and concentrates absolutely everywhere. My desk is a swamp of vape liquid. I do make my own when I think of a particularly nice-sounding combination, but then I screw up the ratio and end up with something rank.

When i can buy decent juice for £12 per 100ml i don't feel the need to make my own any longer, plus the steep times are bullshit lol

When I started vaping I purchased 15 10ml bottles of ready mixed e-juice to see what was on offer - after that I started mixing my own, and have been doing so ever since - I stared with syringes and made a lot of mess and it took a long time (30mins+), but I now use scales and mix 300ml batches of my own ADV in about 15 mins. I keep all my vaping DIY stuff in a safe place and only take out what I need for each mix. The rest is stored, either in the fridge, freezer, or a locked cabinet. I've got 20 different flavors in differing quantities, so that on occasion I can change from fruity to dessert, and maybe a touch of menthol or cola if I'm getting bored. I have tried various e-juices by a variety of manufacturers, both from UK and US, but I could not justify spending that amount of money on something that I could make myself for a fraction of the cost, so it tends only to have been items that I've won in various giveaways or raffles - I have not stepped into a B&M in the whole of my vaping life! All my purchasing is online. Btw I'm unemployed and "on the sick" so if I had to buy from a store I'd have to limit my vaping to a few times a month - this way I can vape freely! (sic)

Lately I've started to think of average commercial juice like fast food. They go all out on fat, salt, sugar and cater to the most basic of our instincts. No refinement. Just convenience and abundance. I guess it's also a bit out of necessity. They need to hit a wider audience so consideration for individual pallets have to take the back seat to hitting the big, common qualities. Everyone likes sweet right? Make it sweet. Works once in a while for me but I tire fast of it.

DIY is more like cooking at home or eating at a small, nice restaurant. Different ball game.
I completely agree,

But then that may be why pfvapes is so small as we simply don't cater for everyone

Edit* I mean agree, not disagree - just seems to be the default when I type - apologies

Last edited:
I completely agree,

But then that may be why pfvapes is so small as we simply don't cater for everyone

Edit* I mean agree, not disagree - just seems to be the default when I type - apologies
Yes, you're probably not the "average juice producer". I realize I was using a pretty wide brush there. Apologies.

There's loads of professional mixers out there who can whip up a mix blindfolded with a quality I won't hit in a million years.

But theirs is a more complicated situation than mine. I have exactly one customer to satisfy.

[emoji4]

I started off buying juice but then I went over to DIY Juice when I got more experienced. I noticed that shops lie about VG and PG levels and add extra harmful chemicals into it that aren't even on the bottles label. So I'd never trust shop bought juice anymore. DIY juice is easy and much cheaper to make too

I only DIY, I havent bought store bought juice in well over a year.
Ive tasted some storebought stuff (Vape festivals, friends etc) and can honestly say that, for the most part, DIY is much better. although there are some amazing commercial juices, there is so much sub par commercial juice on the market too. At least with DIY i can see before i have mised up a juice roughly whether i will like it or not by what is in it.

I tried a juice once (Bonzo Cake, Bestcigliquid) and then the TPD killed it. I just thought 'nah, not having that'. DIY time. I'd been looking at DIY for a bit but thought it was a lot of fuss. In reality it was a smart move.

Um, nothing us actually stopping me from doing DIY. I am doing DIY , Hence "other".

BTW, the Flavour Boss link now directs to a Virgin Media page:

"Search results for 'dreams'"

Does this mean that the business is now defunct? ( I rerally shouldn't laugh at the failure of yet another vape business . But, heck, that redirection is soooo ironic, if so)

Back
Top Bottom