What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Reviewers & Influencers: Do You Care?

We have all bought things and thought wtf did i buy that for, but it's not just vaping that that happens in, I don't honestly think i have any vape gear that i regret buying, i usually think long and hard about my vape purchases so i won't be stuck with something i don't want. I have bought a few bad liquids but haven't we all but overall i am very happy with my stuff :)

i usually think long and hard about my vape purchases
Yeah! why is this? I do true market reseach before I purchase vape stuff.
A few months ago I didnt put even small fraction of that effort looking for a new car that costs 100K% more!
This is crazy.

Everyday i find something vape related that i want or need lol, i have to know my limitations when it comes to buying or i will end up with loads of things that just aren't being used which is a waste really, I have things now that i haven't touched since buying it and that's the reason i have cut back. I do however keep an ever expanding list of said items lol.

For me good reviews have really helped. Of course its all about personal preference. I listen to some apes on here that i respect, trust and know they have similar vaping styles or tastes to me.
ie: @Cozy @Gitchy @rew @nwhornet @ForestMagpie @red5 @WASD in Blue @Jon The Vape @John R @BigCloud @MHL
Do you know there are just too many to name them all!
So I count myself very lucky to be amongst some amazing people.

You live and learn, trial and error, yep some will buy something they don't like but i have NEVER thrown away any vape products, i tend to giveaway a lot, if im not going to use it someone will hopefully benefit.

With experience i have learnt who are good and honest reviewers here and you tube and who are not. Ive made mistakes and learnt from them.

Ok im going on now so just gonna shut my trap......well for a bit anyway!

For me good reviews have really helped. Of course its all about personal preference. I listen to some apes on here that i respect, trust and know they have similar vaping styles or tastes to me.
ie: @Cozy @Gitchy @rew @nwhornet @ForestMagpie @red5 @WASD in Blue @Jon The Vape @John R @BigCloud @MHL
Do you know there are just too many to name them all!
So I count myself very lucky to be amongst some amazing people.

You live and learn, trial and error, yep some will buy something they don't like but i have NEVER thrown away any vape products, i tend to giveaway a lot, if im not going to use it someone will hopefully benefit.

With experience i have learnt who are good and honest reviewers here and you tube and who are not. Ive made mistakes and learnt from them.

Ok im going on now so just gonna shut my trap......well for a bit anyway!

cheers mate :2thumbsup: like to help out where i can :D

Depends who it is. There's an handful of folk on here whose tastes in devices, tanks, juices etc I seem to share who are a lot more experienced than me. I do listen to a lot of what they have to say.

YouTubers? Not at all. They were useful to me at first in terms of building atty's and so forth, but I don't tend to put any credence in their opinions. No disrespect to anyone, mind.

I generally take YouTube reviewers with a pinch of salt. It's entertainment, especially those from across the pond.

However, I'm currently looking for a specific atty, to go with a unique mod. Hours of Googling, hours of reading reviews, and an hour or two of YouTubing.

What has convinced me, although I think that I'd decided on one a while back, was a YouTube reviewer, (not keen on, but will remain namless), that reviewed a product sent in by a subscriber, and not the manufacturer.

Wasn't solely his review, I admit, but it helped. I may not be keen on him, but he knows his stuff, and I respect that.

Oh, and dito to what @DeeDee, the pod/AIO queen, said. ;)

I generally take YouTube reviewers with a pinch of salt. It's entertainment, especially those from across the pond.

However, I'm currently looking for a specific atty, to go with a unique mod. Hours of Googling, hours of reading reviews, and an hour or two of YouTubing.

What has convinced me, although I think that I'd decided on one a while back, was a YouTube reviewer, (not keen on, but will remain namless), that reviewed a product sent in by a subscriber, and not the manufacturer.

Wasn't solely his review, I admit, but it helped. I may not be keen on him, but he knows his stuff, and I respect that.

Oh, and dito to what @DeeDee, the pod/AIO queen, said. ;)

Thanks Mr HMT
20200723_235532.jpg

A reviewers review is merely his or hers opinion of usually free shit, this opinion can and should be challenged and disagreed with, along with agreeing, if that's your opinion.

Back
Top Bottom