What's new

POLL, steeping: Daylight or Dark space ?

Dark place or light place

• Light place

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • Dark place

Votes: 61 83.6%

• Total voters
I agree with using a cool, dark place. I want my juice to mature & the nicotine to age a bit, but not too much.
And light (especially sunlight) carries infrared radiation, which is heat, which can cause unwanted accelerated aging of both the nicotine & flavoring.

I keep all my steeping juices in a cupboard, because I don't want the house looking like a tip.

I don't know much about the science, but I once mixed up some custard and left it on the windowsill for two weeks in summer. It got a deep, dark orange and tasted nasty. So I mix, shake, and chuck it in a cupboard. It works fine.

I mix a half litre, shake it like a polaroid picture for 10 minutes, put it in the fridge for a week, then keep it out of sunlight until it's needed.

Good reason, let us know if it helps.

Roger, I will do.
What I can chip in with is, I usually make my juices at 80% VG, so it really needs to come out of the fridge for at least a day or two, to get a usable viscosity. After a week in the fridge, it's got the consistency of syrup...!

I keep all my steeping juices in a cupboard, because I don't want the house looking like a tip.

Almost word for word what I was going to say! They go in the cupboard, and I forget about them for a month. Ok, not strictly true, I sometimes drip a little, realise why I'm supposed to ignore them for a month, and put them back. They go in the vape cupboard because I dislike clutter but am quite prone to it, especially since vaping took over my life and every available surface!

And just to be controversial, I don't add the nicotine until the liquid has steeped. I don't find nicotine is part of the flavour component, it just needs a good shake to mix evenly with the steeped liquid.

Back
Top Bottom