What's new

POLL, steeping: Daylight or Dark space ?

Dark place or light place

• Light place

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • Dark place

Votes: 61 83.6%

• Total voters
But there is hope. Aromas aren't as complicated as proteins and there is a finite number of ingredients in a juice...

That’s encouraging I guess, and an excellent point. is it a field that is likely to attract ebough interest (and/or finance) for research in the near future though. My instinct would be probably not?

Sunlight degrades nicotine I believe,so short of putting them in dark glass,it’s the cupboard for me.
Yeah I do that. Given too that here down under we have more days that are sunny than not and typically where I am our temps are higher than elsewhere its a cupboard.

Cool dark cupboard in amber glass bottles.

Heat and light oxidises the Nic so i try keep it away from that as much as possible while steeping

Direct sunlight is very damaging and can even help to bleach clothes. I don't think juice need to be kept in the dark but it is safer.
Treat it like beer, if it goes in the sun for long it gets skunked. this could be part of the reason plastic bottles are not transparent,

I think everybody does their own thing. Me, I mix my flavour,PG,VG, pop it in the ultrasonic for 2 x 40min sessions (without nicotine so it's not degraded by the heat) , add nicotine and put it in a dark cupboard for between 7 days and a few months. I have 5 x 30ml Vanilla Custard in my cupboard mixed on 25/11/17

I keep my supplies in my cupboard
IMG_20181005_123206.jpg

Back
Top Bottom