What's new

POLL How long did it take you to stop smoking?

How long did it take you to stop smoking?

• 1 Day

Votes: 186 48.7%
  • 1 Week

Votes: 61 16.0%
  • 1 Month

Votes: 43 11.3%
  • 3 Months

Votes: 19 5.0%
  • 6 Months or longer

Votes: 43 11.3%
  • I still dual fuel

Votes: 30 7.9%

• Total voters
I smoked Man and Boy for 47 years, the 1st time i tried stopping was 2012 but Vaping wasn't as good as it is now and the E Liquid was piss poor imo. This time round it took serious illness for me to wake up and change my life. I actually stopped the day i went into hospital which was 9th March 2020, i had Nicotine Patches and a Nicotine Inhaler which didn't really help. On release i was determined to quit smoking and after a couple of days out of Hospital i found POTV and the rest is all History. I got an Aspire AIO and some Tobacco Nic Salts and here i am, i have been close to smoking again but have stuck with Vaping. I think smoking will always have a grip on me but have POTV and my Vape gear to help me on my way.
Good for you mate just keep on vaping no going back now.

I smoked Man and Boy for 47 years, the 1st time i tried stopping was 2012 but Vaping wasn't as good as it is now and the E Liquid was piss poor imo. This time round it took serious illness for me to wake up and change my life. I actually stopped the day i went into hospital which was 9th March 2020, i had Nicotine Patches and a Nicotine Inhaler which didn't really help. On release i was determined to quit smoking and after a couple of days out of Hospital i found POTV and the rest is all History. I got an Aspire AIO and some Tobacco Nic Salts and here i am, i have been close to smoking again but have stuck with Vaping. I think smoking will always have a grip on me but have POTV and my Vape gear to help me on my way.
Well done for getting this far, sometimes it takes an illness to make you give up smoking. It was my wife’s illness and being in hospital that made us stop. Thanks to vaping and advice on POTV we’ve been fag free for nearly six months now. Keep at it mate your health depends on it.

I’d say 1 day. But in all honesty I bought a e-cig in October an have come off a very hard A class addiction so my addiction quitting isn’t so new aswell as caffeine addiction for the past 30 or so years I was a 4 pack of cigs a day for near half that then rolling cigs using bacci for most of 2019 an 2020. Went back to cigarettes an that was up until September/ October. My ecig was just a cheap one an I near enough stopped the cigarettes then a pack a day till I bought a Wotofo sub ohm device that was enjoyable an with a higher strength nicotine shot in the juice it suited me right. I now have learnt a few things over the past few months and I use a geek vape aegis with a few different tanks (zenith), (gomax), (goz), (Innokin). I’ve had 4 vape devices so far and I actually don’t have a favourite. They all serve a different kind of purpose although the higher wattage ones don’t actually do the price justice in my humble opinion. The reason I say this is that production costs are not all they are made out however I assume that a lot of the cost is actually R&D expense and not the device itself where as this defo applies with the tanks as they are all literally exactly the same and have been for the past few years. maybe we could get a device which charges the battery off a solar panel to assist with the huge carbon footprint issue we are facing.

Attachments

• 2073E1DE-DB29-42A0-8312-843F62CB832C.jpeg
    2073E1DE-DB29-42A0-8312-843F62CB832C.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 49
  • 645FACDF-1F07-478C-8DFA-DF47DC3CAE78.jpeg
    645FACDF-1F07-478C-8DFA-DF47DC3CAE78.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 44
  • C2ECCD87-C60A-410B-BC5E-44B51A5BA487.jpeg
    C2ECCD87-C60A-410B-BC5E-44B51A5BA487.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 47
Welcome Malik, stick at it mate your doing well keeping off the cigarettes, there’s so many different devices out there I’ve settled for the easier the better. I’ve found the @Innokin adept Zlide and kroma Z easy to use good flavour and best of all uncomplicated.

Hi and welcome to the planet @Malik Asim
great first post and congratz on kicking the cigs.
stick around and join in the convos and become part of the great ape family.

Took me about a month. Found it hard to replace the taste of Golden Virginia with my morning coffee. Got there in the end, will be 7 years in March

maybe we could get a device which charges the battery off a solar panel to assist with the huge carbon footprint issue we are facing.

I have an old salvaged solar panel on top of my shed hooked up to a £2 controller that cuts off the supply to an old car battery when it reaches about 13 to 14 volts. I've hooked up an old DC to AC converter that has a couple of standard AC 3 pin sockets and a 5V USB port. I use it to power a low wattage light and a portable radio, but occasionally I have charged a few batteries with it. The panel was free and the DC/AC converter about a £10 from a pawn shop and the in-line controller a few quid from ebay. the battery was too tired to start my old diesel car in winter but good enough for a low wattage LED light, radio and charging L-ion batteries - because the battery is trickle charged every day it has been kept healthy enough to be sufficient for the last 6 years or so.

Old car batteries and reclaimed solar panels can be dirt cheap, but bulky, you probably don't want that crap indoors set up by a window - you could get a fold out style solar panel with a built in controller and a 5V external USB connector designed for charging phones for the outdoor/survival types - but don't underestimate how long it will take. It will be several hours, even on a day with full sun.

If you put a solar panel on the side of a mod - that mod needs to be massive.

Had tried vaping a couple of times (cigalikes and clearomisers) but it had never stuck. That changed the day me and the Mrs found out we were pregnant, the tobacco went in the bin and I went out and bought a Smok Vape Pen 22 from the market (piece of shite and pretty sure it was a knock off) which I hated using but I was determined more than I had ever been to stick it out and not go back.

Got a different kit after the first week or two and it became much easier, even began dropping my nicotine quite quickly. On the 6th of May it will be 4 years since I quit and I won't be going back, would rather go without nicotine altogether if I feel done with vaping. :)

Back
Top Bottom