What's new

POLL How long did it take you to stop smoking?

How long did it take you to stop smoking?

• 1 Day

Votes: 186 48.7%
  • 1 Week

Votes: 61 16.0%
  • 1 Month

Votes: 43 11.3%
  • 3 Months

Votes: 19 5.0%
  • 6 Months or longer

Votes: 43 11.3%
  • I still dual fuel

Votes: 30 7.9%

• Total voters
Cant stand Heisen. If you like Green bananas then you'll love the Manabush. Unfortunately I don't like banana flavoured things and not sure why I bought some to try.....but we have to do these things!

Loving the Heisenberg and its turned into my "everyday" vape to be honest BUT i'm not to impressed with the Manabush - tastes more like toffee than banana!!! lol

Loving the Heisenberg and its turned into my "everyday" vape to be honest BUT i'm not to impressed with the Manabush - tastes more like toffee than banana!!! lol
Toffee? Did you buy Omusa? [emoji14]

Nanabohzo is a slap in the face with realistic bananas to me. (Mrs hates it, I'm not allowed bananas, banana milkshakes, banana Vapes) [emoji23]

Toffee? Did you buy Omusa? [emoji14]

Nanabohzo is a slap in the face with realistic bananas to me. (Mrs hates it, I'm not allowed bananas, banana milkshakes, banana Vapes) [emoji23]
It really is the only banana juice that delivers the "real" banana flavour. Very good stuff indeed.

It was a little more complicated for me, than just a specific time. In some ways, a lot more than 6 months, but when I finally decided in my own head I needed to just do it, it happened more or less straight away

I've been vaping on and off since about 2013,I started just dual using. I originally bought one, mostly out of curiosity, about these new fangled "e-cigs" everyone was talking about. Around that time I bought a cheap pen style thing from the market, with a ce4 clearomizer. I mostly ended up using it while in pubs, or drinking with friends, to cut down on the cigs, and sometimes would use it while sat at the computer, or out somewhere. But being a cheap piece of junk, I took it out my pocket while waiting for the bus one day, and the connector where the clearomizer, screwed to the batter fell off,breaking which caused the 2 now exposed wire to touch, which caused lsmoke and sparks, as the thing just burned its self out, right in my hand. I was just glad it wasn't in my pocket when that happened (and that it didn't explode) After that,. I stopped vaping for quite a long time, I didn't really like the device anyway, (even before it basically tried to kill me:18:). But it also put me off for quite a while.

Then in about 2015, I decided to give vaping another try, I bought a rechargeable cig-alike kit, Which again I didn't really like, and used it in the same way I had with the previous. Although it was easier, and didn't try to kill me, which was a big plus! Not too long after, I bought another vape pen, this time from the website "vapourlites", where I got the cig-alike from. I found this a lot better, they still sell it to this day (£vod 650 if anyone is wondering) Not long after this, I started to learn a little more about it, and started to get curious about in Subohm. Vapourlites (again), had the Aspire NX75 kit with Atlantis evo tank on sale, I think I paid something like £35 for it. It was a great kit, and miles apart from anything else I'd ever had before. With this I had a few attempts at giving up the cigs, but kept going back, and certainly cut down on them an awful lot. But would still jump back and forth. During this time I had quite a few failed attempts to quit, but was mostly just dual using, and at times not even bothering with the vape at all.

Then right after new year 2017, I decided that's it, no more cigs, I'm going to do it once and for all, and I did.I hadn't had one for months, and one day, I was at my girlfriends parents house, her whole family was there, and we were having a few drinks, and what not, her dad offered me a cig, and just took it out of politeness. Best thing I ever did, it was repulsive, and almost gave me an asthma attack. I would never touch one again!

The fact I have asthma also complicates things, because during most of the times trying to quit, or severely cut down, my chest would get really bad, and I would find it hard to breathe. I was putting it down to the vaping, especially when I got the subohm kit, but of course, that wasn't it at all. In the end I just put up with it. Now I barely even need to use my inhalers or anything, and feel so much better.

So there you go, I don't know if you was asking for it but that's my long winded story. So just remember, even if your finding it hard to quit entirely with vaping, it actually took me years to finally do it successfully. The key is to keep giving it a go. I got there in the end. :2thumbsup:

Took me about a year.
Like 3 months 99% on skycigs then back on 30 B&H a day then a provari, genesis tank and a salt n pepper tank got me off cigs forever I think, hope.
9 years later and squonking at 38/41w I'm happy [emoji4] [emoji106]

The moment I took my first vape. I've never once thought of having one. And thats with my wife still smoking, too.

The moment I took my first vape. I've never once thought of having one. And thats with my wife still smoking, too.

Good for you, mate; you should feel proud of yourself!

This got me thinking about my situation & about how I'm staying away from cigarettes forever. I just hit a year off cigs a couple weeks ago. Here's how I know I'll never smoke again:

I work at a grocery store & very often have to stock & sell cigarettes each day. And I'm so glad that even though I handle them frequently, I'm never tempted to buy a pack because vaping gives me everything I could ever want.

I also have a friend who, along with his wife, still smokes. Last week while at their place, I picked up one of their packs (the exact brand I smoked often) & smelled it. To my delight, it smelled bad to me. Yuck. Not interested in the slightest.
I'm so happy to be able to say that truthfully! :)

Good for you, mate; you should feel proud of yourself!

This got me thinking about my situation & about how I'm staying away from cigarettes forever. I just hit a year off cigs a couple weeks ago. Here's how I know I'll never smoke again:

I work at a grocery store & very often have to stock & sell cigarettes each day. And I'm so glad that even though I handle them frequently, I'm never tempted to buy a pack because vaping gives me everything I could ever want.

I also have a friend who, along with his wife, still smokes. Last week while at their place, I picked up one of their packs (the exact brand I smoked often) & smelled it. To my delight, it smelled bad to me. Yuck. Not interested in the slightest.
I'm so happy to be able to say that truthfully! :)
^^^Same.
Its an amazing feeling to know that you have broken an addiction and can happily go through life knowing it can never hurt you again. :2thumbsup:

Quit the cigs for a year using a old totally wacked :) stick thing in 2015. It snapped in my pocket so started smoking again. Then I bought a arc3 in 2017 and haven't smoked since. Running a Smoant Naboo and Zeus X nowadays and never miss those death sticks anymore. Even if I smell smoke I hate it now.

Back
Top Bottom