What's new

POLL How long did it take you to stop smoking?

How long did it take you to stop smoking?

• 1 Day

Votes: 186 48.7%
  • 1 Week

Votes: 61 16.0%
  • 1 Month

Votes: 43 11.3%
  • 3 Months

Votes: 19 5.0%
  • 6 Months or longer

Votes: 43 11.3%
  • I still dual fuel

Votes: 30 7.9%

• Total voters
Mines tricky coz I was in jail when the smoking ban came in. Just before it did, before they brought in the ability to buy logic pro devices I tried to quit lasted about a month then went back. Started vaping my logic pro for 6 months quite happily then got moved to an open jail where they allowed tobacco so started smoking a couple a day again for 3 or 4 months then got moved to a non smoking again so quit for coup!e of months then got released and instead of buying tobacco on release I bought a better vape and love it.
the p!easier I get from vaping is quite extraordinary. Second only to vaping cannabis but I just say I vape Kucinich more than Weed now purely down to economical restrictions

I thought prisoners were allowed to smoke ?

To be honest, i was amazed at how quickly i managed to stop (check back with me in a few more weeks though!!). I thought i would crave fags but so far so good. The problem, as I see it, is switching one addiction for another! I am now hooked on vaping, having already amassed some 20 different flavours and two bits of kit (three weeks in). I'm not bothered about this at present as it is keeping me off the fags BUT I may need to re-evaluate this in the future as i whittle down the crap flavours and settle on a few favourites - also i can see me ending up with endless accessories!! ;)

I thought prisoners were allowed to smoke ?

In the UK prisoners were prohibited from smoking in jails in or around the summer of 2017. To be fair they were saying they were going to stop prisoners smoking imminently when I first got banged up in 2014 and it took the m til 2017. If we were allowed to buy proper 'vapes'' rather than 'e-cigs' as many other people have said,I'd have quit much earlier!
I love vaping tho! More than I ever liked smoking.
I always used to say I hated smoking tobacco, it was just something I would smoke if I were somewhere I couldn't smoke a joint!
I'm definitely taking in more nicotine now than when I smoked but hey ho! I feel so much healthier. I like the culture and the joining of smoking and gadgets too. Also enjoy making my own coils and juices etc

To be honest, i was amazed at how quickly i managed to stop (check back with me in a few more weeks though!!). I thought i would crave fags but so far so good. The problem, as I see it, is switching one addiction for another! I am now hooked on vaping, having already amassed some 20 different flavours and two bits of kit (three weeks in). I'm not bothered about this at present as it is keeping me off the fags BUT I may need to re-evaluate this in the future as i whittle down the crap flavours and settle on a few favourites - also i can see me ending up with endless accessories!! ;)

Quite normal! You have to amass all the crap before you can find things you really like. Hope you’re still off the smokes. I’d imagine by now the thought of having one would be quite repugnant

Quite normal! You have to amass all the crap before you can find things you really like. Hope you’re still off the smokes. I’d imagine by now the thought of having one would be quite repugnant

Still off the fags - problem i now have is settling on a favourite flavour! lol

Still off the fags - problem i now have is settling on a favourite flavour! lol
If you haven't tried prime vapes then id get a move on while the 40% off is still on! Best ive tried by a mile. But then ive not tried that many compared to others as once I found prime its pretty much all I toot cept for some other fine tobacco based stuff!

If you haven't tried prime vapes then id get a move on while the 40% off is still on! Best ive tried by a mile. But then ive not tried that many compared to others as once I found prime its pretty much all I toot cept for some other fine tobacco based stuff!

Cheers mate, i'll take a look - just ordered myself some Heisenberg and NanaBozho from VapeClub, after reading a few reviews on here! At this rate i'm gonna need a store cupboard just for my stash! lol

Cheers mate, i'll take a look - just ordered myself some Heisenberg and NanaBozho from VapeClub, after reading a few reviews on here! At this rate i'm gonna need a store cupboard just for my stash! lol
Cant stand Heisen. If you like Green bananas then you'll love the Manabush. Unfortunately I don't like banana flavoured things and not sure why I bought some to try.....but we have to do these things!

First day, and the only time in 37yrs of smoking. After trying everything from patches to NHS cessation services.

Back
Top Bottom