What's new

POLL How long did it take you to stop smoking?

How long did it take you to stop smoking?

• 1 Day

Votes: 186 48.7%
  • 1 Week

Votes: 61 16.0%
  • 1 Month

Votes: 43 11.3%
  • 3 Months

Votes: 19 5.0%
  • 6 Months or longer

Votes: 43 11.3%
  • I still dual fuel

Votes: 30 7.9%

• Total voters
Once I committed to buying what I needed for a complete vaping setup, I was able to quit smoking cigarettes the same day. Blew my mind. That was on April 16, 2018.
I haven't looked back since, & I never will.

Once I committed to buying what I needed for a complete vaping setup, I was able to quit smoking cigarettes the same day. Blew my mind. That was on April 16, 2018.
I haven't looked back since, & I never will.
I think the question "HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU TO STOP SMOKING?" encompasses the period from the moment you tried your first patch / gum / e-cig / etc. I tried different ecigs for years until I found something that worked for me. From that day, I quit immediately as well.
The first time that I actually tried to quit was around 2000 (cold turkey, patches and gum just wasn't my thing) and I've been struggling to leave that habit behind until 2016, even though my first tries at e-cigs were in 2011. They've always been way too underpowered in the past which left me longing for tobacco.

I think the question "HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU TO STOP SMOKING?" encompasses the period from the moment you tried your first patch / gum / e-cig / etc. I tried different ecigs for years until I found something that worked for me. From that day, I quit immediately as well.
The first time that I actually tried to quit was around 2000 (cold turkey, patches and gum just wasn't my thing) and I've been struggling to leave that habit behind until 2016, even though my first tries at e-cigs were in 2011. They've always been way too underpowered in the past which left me longing for tobacco.
Thanks, jakke, that makes sense. In that case it's a bit weird & more complicated for me.
I smoked regularly from age 13-22. I was a pack a day smoker until about age 18, then increased to 2 packs daily until I quit at 22. That time I quit because I got a bad case of bronchitis while at university, & I couldn't smoke without feeling like I was gonna die coughing. After I got better, I still didn't want to smoke. Weird, but that's what happened.
Then I smoked about 1½ pack daily from age 29-37. I can't remember exactly why I started again, but I had 2 close friends who smoked & that likely had a big influence.
I first vaped a cig-alike in about 2008, before I even started smoking cigs again. I would vape instead of smoke occasionally when I could afford it, but the batteries were shit & I couldn't stand that. I don't even know if mods as we know them today, even existed at that time.

But during the time from age 29-37, I never did attempt to quit smoking until the day I got my complete setup, then it was over in a snap.
I still have 2 full boxes of step 1 nicotine patches & about 140 pieces of step 1 gum that I never needed to use.
I think knowing that I already quit once before for 7 years helped give me confidence I could do it again, especially because I would still be getting my nicotine anyway.
Within 4 months, I dropped my mg/ml from 12, to 6, to 3. So I'm currently at 3mg.

I feel so, so much better now in every way. :)

(I also smoked marijuana daily from the age of 13-33, but that's another story, haha)

No contest for me instant change over, last cig then fill the tank.

Last edited:
I stopped the first day I vaped,haven't smoked now for 3 years.
Really didn't expect it to be that easy as I had been smoking for 40 years!

I started vaping almost 6 years ago, it took me 3 days to finish the last of my baccy but haven't smoked since.

Mines tricky coz I was in jail when the smoking ban came in. Just before it did, before they brought in the ability to buy logic pro devices I tried to quit lasted about a month then went back. Started vaping my logic pro for 6 months quite happily then got moved to an open jail where they allowed tobacco so started smoking a couple a day again for 3 or 4 months then got moved to a non smoking again so quit for coup!e of months then got released and instead of buying tobacco on release I bought a better vape and love it.
the p!easier I get from vaping is quite extraordinary. Second only to vaping cannabis but I just say I vape Kucinich more than Weed now purely down to economical restrictions

Back
Top Bottom