What's new

POLL: E-smoker or Vaper?

Would you call yourself a Vaper or an E-Smoker?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blimey this thread is OLD. Still e-smoking my Electronic Nicotine Device ;)

Seriously, in the very early days of vaping the market was pretty much saturated with lookalikes so that visual similarity with smoking a cigarette was there. Hence the mocking 'plastic fags' line.

Blimey this thread is OLD. Still e-smoking my Electronic Nicotine Device ;)

Seriously, in the very early days of vaping the market was pretty much saturated with lookalikes so that visual similarity with smoking a cigarette was there. Hence the mocking 'plastic fags' line.

There's still only 19 votes for 'e-smoker' though, so I don't think it was ever a popular term, even back then.

It's very interesting reading back though some of those early replies though.

There's still only 19 votes for 'e-smoker' though, so I don't think it was ever a popular term, even back then.

You're right but 'vaping' was a new term which some felt uncomfortable with

Possibly but bear in mind that I had been vaping for two years before I started this thread out of curiosity. Back in 2009/10 it was a different world to 2012 by when terminology had become more entrenched/familiar/normal.

You're right but 'vaping' was a new term which some felt uncomfortable with

Possibly but bear in mind that I had been vaping for two years before I started this thread out of curiosity. Back in 2009/10 it was a different world to 2012 by when terminology had become more entrenched/familiar/normal.

Oh, my appolgies.. I only just realised you were the thread starter!!

Yeah, by the time I started, 'vaping' was very much established. What were the concerns back then about 'vaping' as a term? It seems so 'logical' now, we are using a device that creates vapour.

Before I started looking into it, I thought e-cigarettes produced smoke, I thought it was just creating smoke electronically... which is why I wasn't really sure about it at first. It wasn't until a friend and recent convert said to me "NO mate, it's not smoke, it's like artificial smoke from a 'smoke' machine" that I started to understand.

I first tried vaping back when it was just starting and often wonder how people actually stuck with it. The gear and the juice were absolute rubbish and to top it off it was expensive at that time. I think i stuck at it for maybe a week then went back to smoking.

Yeah, by the time I started, 'vaping' was very much established. What were the concerns back then about 'vaping' as a term? It seems so 'logical' now, we are using a device that creates vapour.
It's entirely logical. It was just new and seen as suspicious and faddy by some. Not me I hasten to add. Seems mad I know but new terms take time to gel

I first tried vaping back when it was just starting and often wonder how people actually stuck with it. The gear and the juice were absolute rubbish and to top it off it was expensive at that time. I think i stuck at it for maybe a week then went back to smoking.

I was lucky, apart from a minor flirt with a cig-a-like from a motorway services (that did get me up north without smoking in the car, but no more than that) ... my first kit was a little eleaf mod and a Kanger Subtank nano ... both of which really aren't that different to what I vape now. .. and I discovered Manabush and Digbys the week I started vaping!

Just for info @Mark is a POtV elder - he was one of the original members and admins back when it first started alongside @OccultScientist and @Purplefowler of the remaining elders (dont think i missed any who are still around, scream if i did) , i was shortly after. In fact back at the start of it POTV was not even called POTV

It's entirely logical. It was just new and seen as suspicious and faddy by some. Not me I hasten to add. Seems mad I know but new terms take time to gel

I was pretty suspicious. :D

... in a way it just seemed too good to be true after trying so many different ways to give up smoking and failing miserably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom