What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Petition

Andy Kirk

Introduce ecig workplace regulations to stop discrimination against vaping

Hundreds of workplaces are rightly, making policies to include ecigs. The trouble is that some policies are stating that vaping must be in smoking shelters. It is putting vapers at risk and forcing them off the premises to remain smoke free when the smokers have a shelter.

Vaping is not smoking, therefore vapers should have their own rights and not be discriminated against or put at risk of passive smoking.

Click this link to sign the petition:
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/175611/sponsors/IzAxndBXW2vAOOFzeHgA

Introduce ecig workplace regulations to stop discrimination against vaping

Hundreds of workplaces are rightly, making policies to include ecigs. The trouble is that some policies are stating that vaping must be in smoking shelters. It is putting vapers at risk and forcing them off the premises to remain smoke free when the smokers have a shelter.

Vaping is not smoking, therefore vapers should have their own rights and not be discriminated against or put at risk of passive smoking.

Click this link to sign the petition:
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/175611/sponsors/IzAxndBXW2vAOOFzeHgA
It will be nice if you read about and introduce yourself in newbies section first...

Do work places even need to accommodate smokers? I don't think there's a law that there must be a smoking area, so why would a work place bother providing areas for potentially a handful of vapes if they don't have to

I'm afraid you're correct, the likely result of this petition would be to end up with a blanket ban on smoking AND vaping, employers are not obligated to provide for either and quite a number have gone completely "Smoke Free" - meaning you have to leave the premises completely to smoke OR vape. it's a counterproductive move that will only result in emnity from the smokers towards vapers. A better solution is to try to educate the managers about vaping rather than beat on them with the regulations stick...

It's also obvious that no one agrees with you as your petition has managed just 13 Signatures since December...

It's still important to differentiate between smoking and vaping.

I find that unless it affects them directly, most people aren't interested in being educated. My company has a blanket ban on smoking and vaping on the premises, I stand on a busy high street getting dirty looks on my breaks.

Back
Top Bottom